How to calcualte C-C bond energy of diamond by DFT

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 6K views
H. L. Yu
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Dear all:
I want to calculate the C-C bond energy of diamond and the dangling bond energy on diamond surface by DFT. How can I do? Can you tell me ? Thanks a lot!
H. L. Yu

:confused:
 
Physics news on Phys.org
H. L. Yu said:
Dear all:
I want to calculate the C-C bond energy of diamond and the dangling bond energy on diamond surface by DFT. How can I do? Can you tell me ? Thanks a lot!
H. L. Yu

:confused:
Concerning the binding energy : well, there are different systems. Can you download APS or PROLA papers ? If so, you can send you some links.

Same goes for the "dangling bond energy" which i think is better reffered to as "vacature formation energy".

What software are you using to do these simulations ?

marlon