How to calculate in a nested supermesh?

• Thread starter hpare
  • Start date
In summary, the total resistance in a nested supermesh can be calculated by adding the individual resistances of all the branches using Kirchhoff's Voltage Law and Ohm's Law. The current can be calculated using the formula I = (V1-V2)/R. To handle multiple sources, the Superposition Theorem can be used. Nodal analysis can also be used, but the Mesh Current Method is usually easier. Special rules for solving a nested supermesh include treating it as a single element, considering the current direction to be the same in both meshes, and using the total resistance of the supermesh in calculations.
hpare
There are two current sources forming two supermeshes and I don't know how to calculate each current for each mesh in the supermeshes.

Engineering news on Phys.org
Do it with matrix math.

Post the schematic of the network you're trying to solve. Otherwise, only general advice can be given.

hpare said:
There are two current sources forming two supermeshes and I don't know how to calculate each current for each mesh in the supermeshes.
Welcome to the PF. Is this for schoolwork?

Related to How to calculate in a nested supermesh?

1. How do I determine the total resistance in a nested supermesh?

The total resistance in a nested supermesh can be calculated by adding the individual resistances of all the branches in the supermesh. This can be done by applying Kirchhoff's Voltage Law and Ohm's Law to each branch and then summing up the values.

2. What is the formula for calculating the current in a nested supermesh?

The formula for calculating the current in a nested supermesh is I = (V1-V2)/R, where V1 and V2 are the voltages at the two ends of the branch and R is the resistance of the branch.

3. How do I handle multiple sources in a nested supermesh?

To handle multiple sources in a nested supermesh, you can use the Superposition Theorem. This involves calculating the currents in each branch due to each individual source and then summing them up to get the total current in each branch.

4. Can I use nodal analysis to solve a nested supermesh?

Yes, nodal analysis can be used to solve a nested supermesh. However, it may be easier to use the Mesh Current Method as it involves fewer equations and calculations.

5. Are there any special rules for solving a nested supermesh?

Yes, there are a few rules to keep in mind when solving a nested supermesh. These include treating the nested supermesh as a single element, considering the current direction to be the same in both meshes, and using the total resistance of the supermesh in calculations.