How to change density of states to eV

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 2K views
lioric
Messages
335
Reaction score
26
I know that if I multiply e^3/2 (e= 1.602x10^-19) to the unit below I can change it to eV
image.jpg

Can somebody help me I don't know why
 
Physics news on Phys.org
1J = 6.242e+18eV
You cannot convert units with dimensions [J^-3] into units with dimensions [eV]
Do you want to convert to units of [eV^-3]?
 
Simon Bridge said:
1J = 6.242e+18eV
You cannot convert units with dimensions [J^-3] into units with dimensions [eV]
Do you want to convert to units of [eV^-3]?
Ya
 
let X = 6.242e+18 to save typing. Then there are X eV/J

If you have 1 Y per cubic mile and you want to know how many Y per cubic meter that is, given that 1mile = 1760 m, what do you do?
If you have 1 Y per cubic joule and you want to know how many Y per cubic electron volt you have...

Put another way: you have $$\frac{1\text{kg}^{3/2}}{1\text{J}^3 \times 1\text{s}} = \cdots$$ ... so what is 1J equal to?
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Igael