How to change density of states to eV

In summary, to convert units from J^-3 to eV, you can use the conversion factor 1J = 6.242e+18eV. However, if you want to convert to units of eV^-3, this is not possible. To convert units from Y per cubic mile to Y per cubic meter, you can use the conversion factor 1 mile = 1760 meters. To convert units from Y per cubic joule to Y per cubic electron volt, you can use the conversion factor 1J = 6.242e+18eV. Additionally, you can use the formula 1kg^3/2 / (1J^3 x 1s) to
lioric
I know that if I multiply e^3/2 (e= 1.602x10^-19) to the unit below I can change it to eV
image.jpg

Can somebody help me I don't know why

Physics news on Phys.org
1J = 6.242e+18eV
You cannot convert units with dimensions [J^-3] into units with dimensions [eV]
Do you want to convert to units of [eV^-3]?

Simon Bridge said:
1J = 6.242e+18eV
You cannot convert units with dimensions [J^-3] into units with dimensions [eV]
Do you want to convert to units of [eV^-3]?
Ya

let X = 6.242e+18 to save typing. Then there are X eV/J

If you have 1 Y per cubic mile and you want to know how many Y per cubic meter that is, given that 1mile = 1760 m, what do you do?
If you have 1 Y per cubic joule and you want to know how many Y per cubic electron volt you have...

Put another way: you have $$\frac{1\text{kg}^{3/2}}{1\text{J}^3 \times 1\text{s}} = \cdots$$ ... so what is 1J equal to?

Likes Igael
Thank you very much

Related to How to change density of states to eV

1. How do I convert density of states to eV?

To convert density of states to eV, you can use the formula E = ħω, where E is the energy in eV, ħ is the reduced Planck's constant (6.582 x 10^-16 eV*s), and ω is the frequency of the system.

2. Can density of states be directly measured in eV?

No, density of states is typically measured in units of energy per unit volume, such as states per eV per unit volume. It is a concept used in quantum mechanics to describe the distribution of energy levels in a material.

3. How does changing the density of states affect the material's properties?

The density of states affects the material's properties by influencing the number of available energy levels for electrons to occupy. A higher density of states means more energy levels are available, which can lead to increased conductivity and other changes in the material's behavior.

4. Are there any practical applications for changing the density of states?

Yes, there are practical applications for changing the density of states. For example, in semiconductor devices, engineers can manipulate the density of states to control the flow of electrons and create specific energy levels for desired electronic properties.

5. Can the density of states be manipulated artificially?

Yes, the density of states can be manipulated artificially through various methods such as doping, which involves introducing impurities into a material to change its electronic properties, or through using external electric or magnetic fields to alter the energy levels within the material.