1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

How to find the current through an independent voltage source using Kirchoff's Law?

1. Dec 5, 2012 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data

I need to find the current through the 3V voltage source:
    picture of the circuit and the equations there:
    vantraveller.blogspot.ca

3. The attempt at a solution
    I was about to get 3 equations, however, I find myself having 5 unknowns, what other equations can I write? Thank you!

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 5, 2012 #2

gneill

Staff: Mentor

Re: How to find the current through an independent voltage source using Kirchoff's La

You'll have to show us what you've found before we can tell what you're missing :smile:

I see that your circuit has four loops as drawn, but I can also see that two of those loops have currents that are trivially known. That leaves two loops to deal with, plus the controlled voltage source. So, what equations have you written so far?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook