Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

How to use Logic gate in Breadboard circuit?

1. Sep 24, 2015 #1
    I am a High school student, I have read about Logic gates but when it comes to practical use I am confused. I am building a small project where I want to use OR and AND gate, but I don't know In which form they are available in the market, how to connect them on breadboard and how to power them, are they look like capacitor or resistor with 3 legs? Please guide me, it will be better if you tell me about how to use them or I will search this.

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 24, 2015 #2

Nidum

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

4. Sep 25, 2015 #3
    Logic gates comes in ICs and one IC generally have multiple Logic gates of same type. And that IC have Pins for power & Ground and Inputs & output. Take a look at below tutorials, they have a video demonstration of concept:
    http://circuitdigest.com/search-page?keys=Logic+gates
    Select the Gate which you want to understand. Other than this check the links in above comments, they are helpful too.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook