I dont know the code for exponential

In summary, there was an error in the second line where the dx was changed to d(x^2) without considering the substitution made in the previous line. The correct integration would be done by letting t = x^2 and simplifying it to 1/2 * \int x e^{x^2} d(x^2), which can then be further simplified to 1/2 * \int x d(e^{x^2}).
frozen7
[tex]\int \ell^{x^2} x^2 dx [/tex]

[tex] = 1/2 \int \ell^{x^2} x^2 d(x^2) [/tex]
[tex] = 1/2 \int \ell^{t} . t dt [/tex] (Let x^2 = t )
[tex] = 1/2 [t.\ell^{t} - \int \ell^{t} dt] [/tex]
[tex] = 1/2 [t.\ell^{t} - \ell^{t} + c ] [/tex]
[tex] = 1/2 [x^2 \ell^{x^2} - \ell^{x^2} + c] [/tex]

[tex]\ell[/tex] is actually exponential. I don't know the code for exponential. :)
What`s the problem with the above integration I have done?

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
frozen7 said:
[tex]\ell[/tex] is actually exponential. I don't know the code for exponential. :)

Well you set [tex] t= x^2 [/tex] but you don't have [tex]d(x^2)[/tex] in the original integral, just integrate by parts you don't really have to make a substitution.

frozen7 said:
The error lies in line #2, you are changing dx into d(x2), that requires an x, that'll left you with:
[tex]\frac{1}{2} \int x e ^ {x ^ 2} d(x ^ 2)[/tex] not [tex]\frac{1}{2} \int x ^ 2 e ^ {x ^ 2} d(x ^ 2)[/tex]. Or you can do a little bit more slowly by letting t = x2. Just try it, and see if you can get to:
[tex]\frac{1}{2} \int x e ^ {x ^ 2} d(x ^ 2)[/tex].
From here, you can do the same and end up with:
[tex]\frac{1}{2} \int x e ^ {x ^ 2} d(x ^ 2) = \frac{1}{2} \int x d(e ^ {x ^ 2})[/tex].
From here, do you know what to do next?

1. What is an exponential code?

An exponential code is a mathematical representation of a number that is multiplied by itself a certain number of times. It is often written in the form of base raised to a power, such as 2^3, which represents 2 multiplied by itself 3 times.

2. How do I solve for an exponential code?

To solve for an exponential code, you can use the properties of exponents, such as the power rule, product rule, and quotient rule. You can also use a calculator to calculate the value of the exponential code.

3. What are some real-life applications of exponential codes?

Exponential codes are commonly used in scientific and financial calculations, such as compound interest and population growth. They are also used in computer programming and data analysis to represent large numbers or rapidly increasing values.

4. How is an exponential code different from a logarithmic code?

An exponential code represents the result of repeatedly multiplying a number by itself, while a logarithmic code represents the number of times a certain base must be raised to a power to equal a given value. In other words, they are inverse operations.

5. Can you give an example of an exponential code?

One example of an exponential code is 10^2, which represents 10 multiplied by itself 2 times, resulting in the value of 100. Another example is 2^5, which represents 2 multiplied by itself 5 times, resulting in the value of 32.