I guess I'm moving

• Thread starter Evo
  • Start date

I can barely move. Something is wrong with my left heel.
You're moving and you can barely move. Not a good combination.

rhody
Gold Member

I can barely move. Something is wrong with my left heel.
You're moving and you can barely move. Not a good combination.
Normally I chuckle at Jimmy's zingers, not this time. Do you have the help you need ?

Rhody... concerned...

I'm sorry if I seem callous.

Evo
Mentor

I'm sorry if I seem callous.
Hey, is that a reference to my heels?

I wonder if I broke a bone when I had that serious fall last month? It does look a bit swollen. It's the back of my heel, just below the ankle.

I massaged my heel last night pretty well, hoping that the pain would end the pain and I would wake up painless.

Nope.
*Sends healing thoughts to Evo's heel*

Evo
Mentor

*Sends healing thoughts to Evo's heel*
{{{hugs}}}}

The movers will be here this afternoon, they're moving the furniture and some heavy boxes.

Nice then you can settle in tonight already in a cosy place :smile:

Do check out a doctor for that heel :shy:

rhody
Gold Member

Evo,

Turbo is right see a doctor, you could have a bad bruise, chipped the bone or damaged the tendon(s) (i.e. sprain). If it is a chip you should be able to move the chip, however.

Rhody...

dlgoff
Science Advisor
Gold Member

rhody;3531972I said:
If it is a chip you should be able to move the chip, however.
You just brought tears to my eyes. :grumpy:

rhody
Gold Member

You just brought tears to my eyes. :grumpy:
Ha, that makes me almost as bad as Jimmy, now, doesn't it ? My differential diagnosis is worth well, the price of the electrons it was typed on, not much. Heal quickly Evo... you know we care even if we poke you now and then.

Rhody... :blushing:

Evo
Mentor

I am connected at the new place. The painter apprently thought it would be clever to fill the cable outlet with paint. I'm amazed that it's working after I scraped the paint out.

Movers are not here yet.

I am connected at the new place.
Whereever you go, there you are. Are you in Kansas anymore?

Evo
Mentor

Whereever you go, there you are. Are you in Kansas anymore?
Yeah, I just moved next door. Still waiting for the movers.

dlgoff
Science Advisor
Gold Member

Do you have to be out of your old apartment today? Hopefully you'll have a place to sleep tonight. :uhh:

Evo,

Turbo is right see a doctor, you could have a bad bruise, chipped the bone or damaged the tendon(s) (i.e. sprain). If it is a chip you should be able to move the chip, however.

Rhody...
ugh. yeah, the bad news is that some achilles injuries can be very bad. the good news is that a lot of mild tendon inflammation is now being treated with a simple eccentric exercise regimen. but in the meantime, an epsom salt foot bath might reduce a bit of the inflammation.

Evo
Mentor

Do you have to be out of your old apartment today? Hopefully you'll have a place to sleep tonight. :uhh:
No, I have few days. Furniture is moved and I'm in excrutiating pain.

ugh. yeah, the bad news is that some achilles injuries can be very bad. the good news is that a lot of mild tendon inflammation is now being treated with a simple eccentric exercise regimen. but in the meantime, an epsom salt foot bath might reduce a bit of the inflammation.
This is actually something that has been going on for at least a year, but this is the worst prolonged occurance. No one knows what the cause is. There are many related problems, I'm pretty sure it is neurological.

Thanks for caring. My mother used to use epsome salt foot baths for sore feet all of the time, I wish I had some.

Right now I can barely move.

I wish I could give you some medical advice, Evo, but that's the domain of an orthopedic appointment. I encourage you to keep to the computer this weekend -- no "feats" of strength. The Emergency Room is always there if you do need it (or if you have generous insurance).

Evo
Mentor

The "happy thoughts" aimed at my heel seem to be helping. I'd now like to ask that happy thoughts be sent to my hips and tummy.

Evo Child was going to come over and help but is going to a party instead. I can't bend forward or lift things. :frown:

I moving things by packing a tiny cooler on wheels and rolling it back and forth. At this rate it will be december before I get everything moved. :cry:

Send old Evo happy thoughts, please!

Go crash your daughter's party, you might feel a lot younger after :biggrin:

The "happy thoughts" aimed at my heel seem to be helping. I'd now like to ask that happy thoughts be sent to my hips and tummy.

Evo Child was going to come over and help but is going to a party instead. I can't bend forward or lift things. :frown:

I moving things by packing a tiny cooler on wheels and rolling it back and forth. At this rate it will be december before I get everything moved. :cry:

:frown:

*Sends a massive amount of happy thoughts*

OmCheeto
Gold Member

Next door?

Next time, just sneak out during the night, and switch the numbers on the apartments. They'll never know the difference.

:tongue2:

turbo
Gold Member

Next door?

Next time, just sneak out during the night, and switch the numbers on the apartments. They'll never know the difference.

:tongue2:
Oooh! Sneaky.

Evo
Mentor

I've got to buy a nice gift for the couple upstairs at my new place. Yesterday she brought me a hot cup of flavored coffe during the move. Then after the movers left, she came over with a bottle of wine so I could have some and unwind. The wine is great. She and her husband are nature lovers like me and we both support the wildlife in the ravine. :tongue2:

She's older than I am and she also fell recently and has trouble moving, so we can commiserate. I'm back next door to the nice young guy. The new old place feels like I never left. I'd forgotten how roomy it was.

Borek
Mentor

Largest box I could find:

[PLAIN]http://www.teacratepackaging.co.uk/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/300x290/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/l/a/large_box_3.jpg [Broken]

No empty space left inside, filled up with THE BEST thoughts I could find.

Last edited by a moderator:
Astronuc
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor

I've got to buy a nice gift for the couple upstairs at my new place. Yesterday she brought me a hot cup of flavored coffe during the move. Then after the movers left, she came over with a bottle of wine so I could have some and unwind. The wine is great. She and her husband are nature lovers like me and we both support the wildlife in the ravine. :tongue2:

She's older than I am and she also fell recently and has trouble moving, so we can commiserate. I'm back next door to the nice young guy. The new old place feels like I never left. I'd forgotten how roomy it was.
Sounds like the move worked out well. :approve: :cool: