I just locked my keys in my office

• Thread starter rachmaninoff
  • Start date
In summary, I accidentally locked my keys in my office and am now unable to access the room. This has caused inconvenience and I will need to find a way to retrieve my keys or get a spare set.
rachmaninoff
...and I won't be able to do any studying at all for maybe two days.

The least tragic event of my life. :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Physics news on Phys.org
Hey does anyone else see the google ad for "Flammable safety cabinets"?

Just to clarify this was in fact an accident, and I was in fact very disappointed for the first twenty seconds or so.

Who was it that said there "are no accidents"? It was subconcious. :tongue:

Nuts! Another physics guy let me in. Screw helpful people. They always ruin things for everyone else.

1. Can I use a credit card to unlock my office door if I locked my keys inside?

No, using a credit card to open a locked door is a common myth. It is not a reliable method and can potentially damage the lock or the card. It is best to call a professional locksmith for assistance.

2. How long does it take for a locksmith to arrive?

The arrival time of a locksmith may vary depending on their schedule and location. However, most locksmiths strive to provide fast and efficient service, so you can expect them to arrive within 30 minutes to an hour.

3. Will the locksmith have to damage my lock to unlock my door?

In most cases, a professional locksmith can unlock your door without causing any damage to the lock. They have specialized tools and techniques to manipulate the lock and gain entry without causing any harm.

4. How much does it cost to hire a locksmith to unlock my office door?

The cost of hiring a locksmith may vary depending on factors such as the type of lock, the complexity of the lock, and the time of service. It is best to call and inquire about the price beforehand to avoid any surprises.

5. Can a locksmith help me if I have a keyless entry system?

Yes, a locksmith is trained to work with various types of locks, including keyless entry systems. They have the expertise and knowledge to troubleshoot and gain access to your office without damaging the system.