Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I know I'm not losing my mind

1. Jul 7, 2008 #1
    Ok, I know I'm not losing my mind. But I am in a discussion with other people in another forum. My theories are a little whacked compared to the norm. I know I saw the discovery channel and an eastern european scientist (i think czech) created some electromagnetic anti-gravity field or electrostatic antigravity field. No one has ever been able to recreate this as far as I know. Does ANYONE know the name of the scientist who was able to create this area of antigravity! So many people are going off on me saying it's impossible...i know i didn't dream this.
  2. jcsd
  3. Jul 7, 2008 #2
    You may not be losing your mind as much as you're putting too much faith into the Discovery Channel.
  4. Jul 7, 2008 #3

Science Advisor

Not sure, but there was once this guy name Hutchinson that claimed something along those lines. He was Canadian though.

Personally I think it is a crackpot theory.

5. Jul 7, 2008 #4

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Take your science from the discovery channel with the same grain of salt that you would take with getting your news from the tabloids.
  6. Jul 8, 2008 #5

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

I hope it is not the Podkletnov effect, because that would put a quick end to this thread.

7. Jul 8, 2008 #6

Andy Resnick

Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

Most likely Podkletnov, and his 'experiments' were 'replicated' by Ning Li and Doug Torr.
  8. Jul 8, 2008 #7
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2008
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?