Who Created an Electromagnetic Anti-Gravity Field?

• Thread starter provigilken
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Mind
In summary, the conversation discusses an eastern European scientist (possibly Czech) who was able to create an electromagnetic anti-gravity field or electrostatic antigravity field. Theories and experiments related to this topic have been met with skepticism and some have been deemed crackpot. The names Podkletnov, Hutchinson, Ning Li, and Doug Torr are mentioned as potential sources for further information.
provigilken
Ok, I know I'm not losing my mind. But I am in a discussion with other people in another forum. My theories are a little whacked compared to the norm. I know I saw the discovery channel and an eastern european scientist (i think czech) created some electromagnetic anti-gravity field or electrostatic antigravity field. No one has ever been able to recreate this as far as I know. Does ANYONE know the name of the scientist who was able to create this area of antigravity! So many people are going off on me saying it's impossible...i know i didn't dream this.

Physics news on Phys.org
provigilken said:
Ok, I know I'm not losing my mind. But I am in a discussion with other people in another forum. My theories are a little whacked compared to the norm. I know I saw the discovery channel and an eastern european scientist (i think czech) created some electromagnetic anti-gravity field or electrostatic antigravity field. No one has ever been able to recreate this as far as I know. Does ANYONE know the name of the scientist who was able to create this area of antigravity! So many people are going off on me saying it's impossible...i know i didn't dream this.

You may not be losing your mind as much as you're putting too much faith into the Discovery Channel.

provigilken said:

Not sure, but there was once this guy name Hutchinson that claimed something along those lines. He was Canadian though.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hutchison_effect#Hutchison_effect

Personally I think it is a crackpot theory.

CS

Last edited by a moderator:
Take your science from the discovery channel with the same grain of salt that you would take with getting your news from the tabloids.

I hope it is not the Podkletnov effect, because that would put a quick end to this thread.

Zz.

Most likely Podkletnov, and his 'experiments' were 'replicated' by Ning Li and Doug Torr.

Here's a professor who claims to have some data on mass fluctuations. Not sure if this is what your are looking for, but here's the link:

http://physics.fullerton.edu/Woodward.html

Last edited by a moderator:

1. Why do people sometimes feel like they are losing their mind?

There are a variety of reasons why people may feel like they are losing their mind. It could be due to external stressors such as work, relationships, or financial problems. It could also be a result of underlying mental health issues such as anxiety or depression. Physical conditions like hormonal imbalances or certain medications can also contribute to this feeling.

2. Is feeling like you are losing your mind a sign of mental illness?

Feeling like you are losing your mind does not necessarily mean that you have a mental illness. However, it could be a symptom of an underlying issue that may require professional help. It is important to seek guidance from a mental health professional if this feeling persists or significantly impacts your daily life.

3. What can I do if I feel like I am losing my mind?

If you are experiencing this feeling, it is important to take care of yourself both mentally and physically. Practice self-care activities such as exercise, mindfulness, and getting enough rest. Talk to a trusted friend or family member about your feelings. Seek professional help if needed.

4. Can feeling like I am losing my mind be harmful?

Feeling like you are losing your mind can be distressing and impact your overall well-being. It is important to address these feelings and seek support if needed. Ignoring them or trying to cope on your own may lead to further negative consequences.

5. How can I differentiate between feeling overwhelmed and feeling like I am losing my mind?

Feeling overwhelmed is a normal response to stressors in life. However, feeling like you are losing your mind may involve more intense and persistent feelings of confusion, disorientation, and detachment from reality. If you are uncertain, it is best to consult with a mental health professional for an accurate assessment.