Exploring Anti-Gravity: Is It Real?

In summary, the conversation discusses the concept of anti-gravity and whether it is a real phenomenon or simply an idea. The participants question the nature of gravity and its role in the universe, and discuss the potential uses and limitations of anti-gravity. It is ultimately concluded that anti-gravity is considered science fiction and not a plausible scientific concept.
Stephanus
Dear PF Forum,
I've been wondering lately about anti gravity.
I read anti matter and came across this:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gravitational_interaction_of_antimatter

And I'm curious to now.
Is there really an anti gravity?
And I've read this wiki entry:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-gravity
Anti-gravity is an idea of creating a place or object that is free from the force of gravity. It does not refer to the lack of weight under gravity experienced in free fall or orbit, or to balancing the force of gravity with some other force, such as electromagnetism or aerodynamic lift
Is it true, or is just an idea?I can "imagine" repulsion as opposed to attraction, such as positive charge vs positive charge.
But gravity is not a force of attraction is it? Or it is?
It's just a curvature in space time, right?
And why would some particle, either matter or matter "realizes" that there's something attracts them. Wouldn't all they "know" is that they have to follow the shortest route in space time?

Or perhaps anti matter won't be attracted by gravity created by anti matter? This, I don't have any idea what I type. :headbang:
And supposed that above is true, which I really, really don't think it is, so what about black hole made from matter, wouldn't it be different by the one made from anti matter? Which I know that once it becomes a black whole, it doesn't matter (or anti matter :smile:?) that it comes from matter or anti matter.

Thanks for enlighten me.

Physics news on Phys.org
Last edited:
Likes Stephanus and russ_watters
Agreed; not science. Thread closed.

1. Is Anti-Gravity a Real Phenomenon?

Currently, there is no scientific evidence to support the existence of anti-gravity. While there have been theories and experiments conducted, none have been able to prove the existence of anti-gravity. It remains a topic of interest and research in the scientific community.

2. Can Anti-Gravity Be Used for Space Travel?

There is no evidence to suggest that anti-gravity can be harnessed for space travel. While it is a popular concept in science fiction, the laws of physics as we know them do not support the idea of anti-gravity propulsion.

3. Are There Any Current Experiments or Research on Anti-Gravity?

Yes, there are ongoing experiments and research being conducted on anti-gravity. However, these are mostly theoretical and have not yet yielded any conclusive results. Scientists continue to explore the possibilities of anti-gravity and its potential applications.

4. How Does Anti-Gravity Differ from Gravity?

Gravity is a fundamental force of nature that attracts objects with mass towards each other. Anti-gravity, on the other hand, is a hypothetical concept that suggests the existence of a force that repels objects with mass. It is often described as the opposite of gravity, but there is no scientific evidence to support its existence.

5. Could Anti-Gravity Be Used to Defy the Laws of Physics?

No, anti-gravity cannot defy the laws of physics. The laws of physics, such as Newton's laws of motion and Einstein's theory of relativity, are based on extensive scientific research and have been proven to be true. Anti-gravity, as a concept, goes against these established laws and has not been proven to exist.