1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I need a service

1. Mar 10, 2006 #1
    i can't sleep! i lay down and too many thoughts in my head. plus my tummy aches cause i forgot to feed it. anyway, i wanna lay down and talk to someone, instead of thinking so much, but no one is awake! so i need a service that like, talks to you before bed so you can get stuff off your mind and simmer down and sleep. just like a person who chit chats, and then listens to the silence between my thoughts, and then waits till i fall asleep and hangs up for me. boyfriends are sometimes good for that, but thats not happening right now. i just need someone for hire. a bedtime listener.

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 10, 2006 #2
    It's kinda funny no one's ever thought of that: extended telephonic tuck-in service.

4. Mar 10, 2006 #3
    You could call a phone dating service maybe. :tongue:

5. Mar 10, 2006 #4
    yes! thats an excellent name for it. i promise i'm interesting too. it'd be a great time for my tucker-inner. bed time stories would be fantastic, bonus points if they involve a princess named gale and a heroic night who saves her. man, they really need to have this kinda thing listed in the yellow pages... arg.

6. Mar 10, 2006 #5
    i think that costs too much, and i don't really feel like phone sex. i guess maybe when i get a bit more desperately exhuasted... wtf, don't give me ideas that could get me into trouble!

7. Mar 10, 2006 #6
    I think that most are usually free for women. Ofcourse you'll probably just get a bunch of perverts and lesbians talking to you.

If I had a cell I would talk to you. I can be very boring and would probably put you to sleep in no time. I have to be up all night here at work right now anyway. Sorry I don't have a cell.:frown:

8. Mar 10, 2006 #7
    i didn't realize there was anyone in the world who didn't have a cell. and by the world, i mean the US. and by anyone, i really meant people i knew.

uh yeah. perverts and lesbians are nice, but i like my thursday nights be to relatively pervert and lesbian free.. and i already talked to that guy in the britney spears forum, so i'm perverted out.

9. Mar 10, 2006 #8
    I don't have a cell.

I just realized I've been up well over 24 hours with only two half hour cat naps. I still don't feel tired, as in sleepy, though I do feel kinda worn. Could be an insomnia epidemic getting started.

10. Mar 10, 2006 #9
    i still can't believe people don't have cell phones. i guess cause i'm young or something.. i dunno. in school, most people don't even know their room or appt phone numbers. some don't even buy phones. everyone has a cell. period.

11. Mar 10, 2006 #10

Mk

Awww, why don'tcha have a pot of honey?

12. Mar 10, 2006 #11

BobG

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Doesn't your local library have a call-in story line? There's nothing like a good bedtime story before going to sleep. :biggrin:

13. Mar 10, 2006 #12

brewnog

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Gale, do you not have a nightline service or something that you can contact? Most universities in the UK run them every night, but they welcome calls from anyone (doesn't have to be a student of the university), and are always happy just to have a chat and listen to you.

14. Mar 10, 2006 #13
    what's a nightline service?

15. Mar 11, 2006 #14
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?