1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I Need Help Immediatly

1. Oct 16, 2004 #1
    I Need Help Immediatly!!

I have another stupid algebra story problem that is really hard for me and might be easy for others. If you come up with the answer please tell me, or give me clues on how to figure the problem out. The teacher is asking for an explanation to go with the answer to! DUE MONDAY!

Big Jesse takes 2 steps for every 3 steps that Little Jesse takes. To bein walking, they each step forward on their right foot at exactly the same time. When will their left feet touch the ground at exactly the same time??

Last edited: Oct 16, 2004
  2. jcsd
  3. Oct 16, 2004 #2
    Come on, you can do this easily!

You do not even need Algebra for that!

Use a rules squared sheet of paper, start at the same line with little and big Jesse beside each other and:

let little Jesse first take 2 squares with this right foot, then 2 with his left etc.
    let big Jesse first take 3 squares with his right foot, then 3 with his left etc.

then you will see after how many steps their left feet touch the ground at the same time.

With this sort of mathematics questions, if you do not see the number solution, always make a sketch!

Cheers,
    RobertH

Last edited: Oct 16, 2004
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?