I need an electrical engineer to interview for high school project

In summary, the conversation is about a high school student looking to interview a professional in the field of electrical engineering for a career project. The student asks various questions about the professional's job, including their reasons for choosing the field, travel and work schedule, equipment used, favorite and least favorite parts of the job, college experience, job search after graduation, current job and work hours, required skills, work environment, and salary satisfaction. The student thanks the professional for their time and mentions that interview threads are no longer allowed for privacy and anti-phishing reasons.
izzydon66
Hello, I'm a high school student who is doing a career project. My interest is in electrical engineering, and I need to interview a professional in this field. For someone who is answering these following questions- it would be great if you would answer thoughtfully. If you would like to answer these questions via email, reach me at izzydon66@yahoo.com. Thank you.

1) What made you choose this field? Are you happy that you chose it?

2) About how much do you travel in a year, and where do you travel to?

3) How long do you stay when you travel?

4) What kind of equipment do you work with?

5) What is your favorite part of your job? Your least favorite?

6) How hard did you have to work in college in order to get the degree you wanted?

7) Was it hard for you to get your first job after college?

8) Where do you work right now? How many hours a week do you work at your job?

9) What skills does your job require? (critical thinking, active listening, ect...)

10) What type of environment do you work in? Do you work with others?

11) What is your average salary? Are you happy with the amount you make?

Once again, thank you for time.

Engineering news on Phys.org
For privacy and anti-phishing reasons, interview threads are no longer allowed on the PF. Thread closed.

1. What does an electrical engineer do?

An electrical engineer designs, develops, and maintains electrical systems and components. This can include everything from power grids and circuit boards to motors and generators.

2. What skills are important for an electrical engineer to have?

An electrical engineer should have strong problem-solving skills, critical thinking abilities, and attention to detail. They should also have a good understanding of math, physics, and computer science.

3. What education is required to become an electrical engineer?

Most electrical engineers have at least a bachelor's degree in electrical engineering or a related field. Some may also have a master's or doctoral degree for more advanced positions.

4. What are some common tasks an electrical engineer may perform?

An electrical engineer may design and test electrical systems, troubleshoot and repair equipment, develop new products, and oversee construction and installation projects.

5. How does an electrical engineer contribute to society?

Electrical engineers play a crucial role in developing and maintaining the infrastructure we rely on every day, such as power grids, transportation systems, and communication networks. They also contribute to advancements in technology and innovation, making our lives more convenient and efficient.