Get Advice on Publishing Physics Proof on Gravitational Time Dilation

• Thread starter Marwan_Ahmed
  • Start date
In summary: I'm trying to do is to prove something that might be missing in relativity...In summary, the conversation is about a person seeking advice on where to publish their proof in physics on Gravitotinal time dilation and their theory on motion and velocity. The advice given is to submit it to a refereed journal or an "educational" journal, such as the European Journal of Physics or the Physical Review D. There is also a discussion on the validity of the proof and theory, with some suggesting it is incorrect and others offering to help teach the mistakes. The conversation also touches on the language barrier and the use of Facebook for sharing equations.
Marwan_Ahmed

Please everybody,
I need your advice
I have a proof in physics
it's about Gravitotinal time dilation
& also I'm about to put a basics in a theory about velocity & motion based on the proof.

all what i need is an advice telling me where to puplish it safely that no one could take it himself...?!

Physics news on Phys.org
Marwan_Ahmed said:
all what i need is an advice telling me where to puplish it safely that no one could take it himself...?!

Submit it to a refereed journal. If you really think it's such a great discovery that an unscrupulous referee might try to steal it, you're protected, because the editor of the journal will keep a record of the date of the submission, and the date when it went out to the referee.

bcrowell said:
Submit it to a refereed journal.

like what, really i don't know

Marwan_Ahmed said:
like what, really i don't know

Depends on what you have, can you show us a sample, like the abstract and the first chapter of your paper?

Most journals will have a mission statement or something similar on their website that will help you decide if your manuscript is appropriate. Another "rule of thumb" for determining the correct journal would be the journal from which most of your references came.

Marwan_Ahmed said:

Please everybody,
I need your advice
I have a proof in physics
it's about Gravitotinal time dilation
& also I'm about to put a basics in a theory about velocity & motion based on the proof.all what i need is an advice telling me where to puplish it safely that no one could take it himself...?!

Is this an attempt to prove relativity wrong? If so, you could ask questions here, and we could help you find out what you have misunderstood. Make sure you follow the forum rules. We're not really interested in personal theories and speculation here, but we might be able to help you understand relativity. If it's just a nice derivation of a well-known result, then maybe one of the "educational" journals is appropriate. For example, the European journal of physics.

Fredrik said:
Is this an attempt to prove relativity wrong? If so, you could ask questions here, and we could help you find out what you have misunderstood. Make sure you follow the forum rules. We're not really interested in personal theories and speculation here, but we might be able to help you understand relativity. If it's just a nice derivation of a well-known result, then maybe one of the "educational" journals is appropriate. For example, the European journal of physics.

No no relativity is 100% true
i'm sure of that
all what I'm trying to reach is proving gravitotinal time dilation with another way which based on it i could reach a new idea Motion & velocity fields on the Earth

Marwan_Ahmed said:
No no relativity is 100% true
i'm sure of that
all what I'm trying to reach is proving gravitotinal time dilation with another way which based on it i could reach a new idea Motion & velocity fields on the Earth

In this case you can try "http://prd.aps.org/" " which is a prominent journal in elementary particle physics, field theory, gravitation and etc.

AB

Last edited by a moderator:
Altabeh said:
In this case you can try "http://prd.aps.org/" " which is a prominent journal in elementary particle physics, field theory, gravitation and etc.

AB

I did what you told me bro
I registered but i don't know what to do next sorry
I'm new on the web world

My prove & the theory of motion

well this is the prove I worked on along last 6 months
some says it's true other says it has a missing part ,
well this is their opinion & I will never give up

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=425413&id=1648127699

Don't repeat posts like that. It is annoying.

Marwan, I think you are struggling to communicate your thoughts in English. I understand a little, but mostly... ana laa afham. (forgive me if your native language is not Arabic).

May I suggest you use a combination of your own ability with English, and an online translator to help? Physics can be difficult enough without such a barrier.

Em.. "Ma'a Salama"

Marwan_Ahmed said:

I think you should give up, what you wrote is not only incorrect, it is not even wrong as W.Pauli would say. There is nothing but a collection of childish mistakes.

Marwan_Ahmed said:

This is unpublishable, it is just a collection of mistakes.

starthaus said:

Not a shock... is there anything to work with in terms of teaching what those mistakes are, and where he went awry? I get a feeling the language barrier here is significant, but that's no reason to not attempt to teach.

Frame Dragger said:
Not a shock... is there anything to work with in terms of teaching what those mistakes are, and where he went awry? I get a feeling the language barrier here is significant, but that's no reason to not attempt to teach.

Has nothing to do with any "language barrier", look at his equations. You will need a facebook account.

starthaus said:
Has nothing to do with any "language barrier", look at his equations. You will need a facebook account.

I would sooner bob for apples in a dead cow's kidney's than go on Facebook. No offense :rofl:

I'll take your word for it starthaus, all kidding aside.

Frame Dragger said:
I would sooner bob for apples in a dead cow's kidney's than go on Facebook. No offense :rofl:

I'll take your word for it starthaus, all kidding aside.

I stopped reading after the : v_2^2=v_1^2+2g*h

Last edited:

DaleSpam said:

please sir if it's so bad you have your opinion to say but don't hurt other people feelings

I'm only 18 and this is good that I'm thinking in such a thing

starthaus said:

please sir if it's so bad you have your opinion to say but don't hurt other people feelings

Marwan_Ahmed said:

It would be even better if you started studying physics. What you wrote is not physics.

starthaus said:
I stopped reading after the : v_2^2=v_1^2+2g*h_2

...And I don't blame you! Holy moley.

@Marwan_Ahmed: I'm sorry that your feelings have been hurt, but isn't it good to know that while you are thinking about these matters, your thinking on them is far off the mark? You have a chance to correct those errors and focus on learning, rather than creating a novel proof. Leave the... breakthroughs for later. For now, it can be best to focus on learning or you can end up confusing yourself terribly.

of course sir i want to learn physics
but my dad & mom insisted on learning medicine instead

then please the first three papers means nothing to me

please check the last four papers
please give me a chance

the first three papers i was sure 90% that they are wrong
but the last four papers really they are good & better than the first three ones

please check last four papers
please they are better than the first 3 ones
which i was sure that they are wrong
but needed your confirmation

Give me a last chance & see the last 4 papers

DaleSpam said:

Two threads merged. Please do not multiple post, Marwan.

Marwan_Ahmed said:
please check last four papers
please they are better than the first 3 ones
which i was sure that they are wrong
but needed your confirmation

Give me a last chance & see the last 4 papers

The last 4 pages are as bad as the first 3.

Marwan_Ahmed said:
of course sir i want to learn physics
but my dad & mom insisted on learning medicine instead

then please the first three papers means nothing to me

please check the last four papers
please give me a chance

the first three papers i was sure 90% that they are wrong
but the last four papers really they are good & better than the first three ones

You know, biology, chemistry (which underly medicine) are all ultimately physics. You can easily study medicine and physics, but just as you would not perform surgery to learn how it works, you have to study the physics before you construct your own proofs.

This website, is an AMAZING resource of educational material. This is just a suggestion, because although this is against the grain for me, usually, I get the sense that you really want to learn, and believe this is the best way.

Instead of offering your work to be critiqued (or dismissed... and I'm sorry to say it truly is not coherent), why not learn here, what you need to know to go back and start fresh? As you said, you're 18, a young man in the prime of life. There is no need to be impatient. Take some time to learn...

If I were you, I'd let ask Starthaus, "Ok, I'm wrong [this] is what I'm trying to describe [laws of motion, etc]... what is the correct standard formulation of this? Is there one?" etc...
It is best to ask questions first, to learn. Think, by all means, and write whatever you want, but rushing physics... it just doesn't work.

1. What is gravitational time dilation?

Gravitational time dilation is a phenomenon where time moves slower in regions of higher gravitational potential. This means that a clock in a stronger gravitational field will tick slower compared to a clock in a weaker gravitational field.

2. How does gravitational time dilation relate to Einstein's theory of general relativity?

Einstein's theory of general relativity predicts that massive objects, such as planets and stars, create a curvature in space-time. This curvature causes time to pass at different rates in different regions, leading to the phenomenon of gravitational time dilation.

3. What are some real-world examples of gravitational time dilation?

One of the most well-known examples of gravitational time dilation is the effect it has on GPS satellites. These satellites experience slower time due to their high velocity and distance from Earth's surface, so their clocks must be adjusted in order to provide accurate navigation data.

Another example is the gravitational time dilation experienced by astronauts in space. As they orbit around the Earth, they are in a weaker gravitational field compared to people on the surface, causing their time to pass slightly faster.

4. How can I publish my research on gravitational time dilation?

The first step would be to conduct thorough research and gather evidence to support your findings. Then, you can submit your research paper to a reputable physics journal for review and potential publication. It is important to follow the journal's guidelines and properly cite any sources used in your research.

5. What are some current developments in the study of gravitational time dilation?

Scientists are constantly studying and testing the effects of gravitational time dilation in different scenarios, such as near black holes or in the early universe. There is also ongoing research on how to better incorporate gravitational time dilation into our understanding of the universe and its fundamental laws.