Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I need your Advice

1. Apr 2, 2010 #1

Please everybody,
    I need your advice
    I have a proof in physics
    it's about Gravitotinal time dilation
    & also i'm about to put a basics in a theory about velocity & motion based on the proof.

all what i need is an advice telling me where to puplish it safely that no one could take it himself...???!!

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 2, 2010 #2

bcrowell

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Submit it to a refereed journal. If you really think it's such a great discovery that an unscrupulous referee might try to steal it, you're protected, because the editor of the journal will keep a record of the date of the submission, and the date when it went out to the referee.

4. Apr 3, 2010 #3
    like what, really i don't know

5. Apr 3, 2010 #4
    Depends on what you have, can you show us a sample, like the abstract and the first chapter of your paper?

6. Apr 3, 2010 #5

Dale

Staff: Mentor

Most journals will have a mission statement or something similar on their website that will help you decide if your manuscript is appropriate. Another "rule of thumb" for determining the correct journal would be the journal from which most of your references came.

7. Apr 3, 2010 #6

Fredrik

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Is this an attempt to prove relativity wrong? If so, you could ask questions here, and we could help you find out what you have misunderstood. Make sure you follow the forum rules. We're not really interested in personal theories and speculation here, but we might be able to help you understand relativity. If it's just a nice derivation of a well-known result, then maybe one of the "educational" journals is appropriate. For example, the European journal of physics.

8. Apr 3, 2010 #7
    No no relativity is 100% true
    i'm sure of that
    all what i'm trying to reach is proving gravitotinal time dilation with another way which based on it i could reach a new idea Motion & velocity fields on the Earth

9. Apr 3, 2010 #8
    In this case you can try "http://prd.aps.org/" [Broken]" which is a prominent journal in elementary particle physics, field theory, gravitation and etc.

AB

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2017
  10. Apr 3, 2010 #9
    I did what you told me bro
    I registered but i don't know what to do next sorry
    I'm new on the web world

11. Apr 4, 2010 #10
    My prove & the theory of motion

well this is the prove I worked on along last 6 months
    some says it's true other says it has a missing part ,
    well this is their opinion & I will never give up

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=425413&id=1648127699 [Broken]

12. Apr 4, 2010 #11

Dale

Staff: Mentor

Re: My prove & the theory of motion

Don't repeat posts like that. It is annoying.

13. Apr 4, 2010 #12

Marwan, I think you are struggling to communicate your thoughts in English. I understand a little, but mostly... ana laa afham. (forgive me if your native language is not Arabic).

May I suggest you use a combination of your own ability with English, and an online translator to help? Physics can be difficult enough without such a barrier.

Em.. "Ma'a Salama"

14. Apr 4, 2010 #13

I think you should give up, what you wrote is not only incorrect, it is not even wrong as W.Pauli would say. There is nothing but a collection of childish mistakes.

15. Apr 4, 2010 #14
    This is unpublishable, it is just a collection of mistakes.

16. Apr 4, 2010 #15
    Not a shock... is there anything to work with in terms of teaching what those mistakes are, and where he went awry? I get a feeling the language barrier here is significant, but that's no reason to not attempt to teach.

17. Apr 4, 2010 #16
    Has nothing to do with any "language barrier", look at his equations. You will need a facebook account.

18. Apr 4, 2010 #17
    I would sooner bob for apples in a dead cow's kidney's than go on Facebook. No offense :rofl:

I'll take your word for it starthaus, all kidding aside.

19. Apr 4, 2010 #18
    I stopped reading after the : v_2^2=v_1^2+2g*h

Last edited: Apr 4, 2010
  20. Apr 4, 2010 #19

please sir if it's so bad you have your opinion to say but don't hurt other people feelings

I'm only 18 and this is good that i'm thinking in such a thing

21. Apr 4, 2010 #20
    please sir if it's so bad you have your opinion to say but don't hurt other people feelings

I'm only 18 and this is good that i'm thinking in such a thing

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook