Can Passing a College Math Class Be Achieved with Help and Patience?

• Thread starter Tyrion101
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Class
In summary, the speaker thanks the helpful people and expresses their joy in finally passing a college level math class with a 90 in Algebra 101. They also mention their past struggles with the subject. Others congratulate and welcome them to the group of people who know College Algebra and wish them success in future math classes. The speaker also mentions the possibility of a higher grade and looks forward to their next class, Algebra 102.
Tyrion101
Thanks to the help I partially got here I have finally passed a college level math class. It feels rather good to know it can be done. Thanks to the people who were patient with my questions.

Physics news on Phys.org
Congratulation!

Very nicely done! Which class was it?

Algebra 101, I got a 90 in it. I'd tried years before and not passed.

Tyrion101 said:
Algebra 101, I got a 90 in it. I'd tried years before and not passed.

Then I welcome you to the elite group of people who know College Algebra!

Tyrion101 said:
Thanks to the help I partially got here I have finally passed a college level math class. It feels rather good to know it can be done. Thanks to the people who were patient with my questions.
Congratulations! Well done!

Congrats, Tyrion. I'm sure you'll do good in your future math classes now that your wheel is rolling. :wink:

Excellent news! Well done, great effort! :-)

Thank you to a,l the kind replies, and for your patience :) there might be a higher edit to my grade later, as I think the rule is they can replace the final with a higher unit test if that represents the learning better. So I'll keep you all posted, I'm looking forward to 102 next :)

What does it mean to "pass" a math class?

Passing a math class means that you have met the requirements set by the instructor and have received a passing grade. This typically means that you have demonstrated a sufficient understanding of the material and have completed all assignments and exams successfully.

What grade is considered passing in a math class?

The specific grade considered passing may vary depending on the institution and class, but typically a passing grade is anything above a 60% or a D. However, some schools may require a higher grade to be considered passing.

How can I improve my chances of passing a math class?

To improve your chances of passing a math class, it is important to attend all classes and pay attention, take thorough notes, actively participate in class discussions and activities, and seek help from the instructor or a tutor if needed. It is also important to complete all assignments and study for exams.

What should I do if I did not pass my math class?

If you did not pass your math class, it is important to reflect on what may have caused your struggle and try to address those issues. You may also consider retaking the class or seeking additional help from a tutor or instructor. It is important to not get discouraged and to continue working towards improving your understanding of the subject.

What are the consequences of failing a math class?

The consequences of failing a math class may vary depending on the institution and specific circumstances. In some cases, you may be required to retake the class or take additional courses to make up for the failed class. Failing a math class may also affect your overall GPA and academic standing. It is important to check with your school's policies for more specific information.