Trouble Chating - Hurkyl Keeps Ignoring Me!

• Thread starter JasonRox
  • Start date
In summary: Trade your money for gold! BOOM!It's not really gold, it's just a little metal.It's not really gold, it's just a little metal.
JasonRox
Homework Helper
Gold Member
I've been trying to chat the past two weeks and annoying message of Hurkyl saying he's ignoring me pops up.

And it doesn't let me click ok.

Anyone else having that problem?

Physics news on Phys.org
Thats odd, hopefully they can figure it out soon, we'd love to have you there. Its a lot of fun.

I guess I'm new enough that no one knows to ignore me yet...

Why is chat already down? It's still the weekend! :(

Brilliant! said:
Why is chat already down? It's still the weekend! :(
Chat is usually only open on Sundays from 10am to 4pm CST. But lately it hasn't been open at all, so we are really glad to have it.

Evo said:
Chat is usually only open on Sundays from 10am to 4pm CST. But lately it hasn't been open at all, so we are really glad to have it.
Oh. Well, it was open until at least 6:00 CST, so that's cool.

I understand why we wouldn't want it open during the week. But why not Saturday evenings and all-day Sunday. Those seem to be the dead times for the forums, and it would be fun to have chat. :smile:

I have this Sunday off finally, so I should be in there :biggrin:

I enjoy it. Unfortunately I'm busy a lot of times during the chat, and it lags quite a bit for me.

We should organize set topics for chat.

I was going to say something, but had to edit. :P Mature people only comment.

JasonRox said:
I enjoy it. Unfortunately I'm busy a lot of times during the chat, and it lags quite a bit for me.

We should organize set topics for chat.

I was going to say something, but had to edit. :P Mature people only comment.

Pass.

No topics...That's lame-o!

I was thinking...

Girl Troubles
Bad Profs.
University Admissions

Only if we include airplane on a treadmill and helicopter on a turntable.

What else, what else hmmmmm... I'm sure I'll think of something later, because I'm awesome like that.

Cyrus said:
Only if we include airplane on a treadmill and helicopter on a turntable.

What else, what else hmmmmm... I'm sure I'll think of something later, because I'm awesome like that.
Takes off; will take off if turntable spins in the same direction as the rotors.

Brilliant! said:
Takes off; will take off if turntable spins in the same direction as the rotors.

Not buying it.

Cyrus said:
Not buying it.
Buy it. It's solid gold, baby.

Brilliant! said:
Buy it. It's solid gold, baby.

Trade your money for gold! BOOM!

1. Why is Hurkyl ignoring me during chatting?

Hurkyl may not be intentionally ignoring you. It is possible that they are busy or have not seen your messages.

2. How can I get Hurkyl's attention during chatting?

You can try sending a private message, using a different form of communication, or simply asking if they are available to chat.

3. Is there a reason why Hurkyl is not responding to my messages?

There could be a variety of reasons why Hurkyl is not responding. They may be occupied with other tasks, experiencing technical difficulties, or simply not in the mood to chat at the moment.

4. Should I keep trying to chat with Hurkyl if they keep ignoring me?

It is always a good idea to respect someone's boundaries and if Hurkyl is consistently ignoring you, it may be best to give them some space and try again at a later time.

5. What should I do if I feel like Hurkyl is purposely ignoring me during chatting?

If you feel like Hurkyl is intentionally ignoring you, it may be best to address your concerns directly with them and communicate openly about any issues that may be causing the lack of response.