If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go?

• Thread starter Cyrus
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation covers various vacation destinations and preferences, ranging from places like Afghanistan and Pakistan, to the Caribbean and the Maldives. Some people prefer active vacations, while others prefer relaxing on a beach with a drink in hand. There is also a mention of a private island, and some express interest in visiting places with unique experiences, such as visiting an observatory or kayaking down the Ganges. Some suggest staying at home and engaging in hobbies, while others share their future plans for travel.
Cyrus said:
:rofl: I bet that place smells like shi## with all the sulfur in the air :rofl: Volcano fart...

Actually, it smells like hell. :tongue2:

Physics news on Phys.org
Ivan Seeking said:
MB, it's a good thing it's in Kona and not Hilo. Hilo had to be evacuated last week due to sulfuric acid fumes from the volcano!

They serve a killer chocolate macadamia nut pie at the King Kamehameha - truly memorable!

That would be my luck, finally get an all-expenses-paid trip to HI, and a volcano erupts under my hotel. :rolleyes: Well, once I'm there, if the conference is canceled and I have to evacuate to another island for a week, I'm not going to complain. :wink:

Moonbear said:
That would be my luck, finally get an all-expenses-paid trip to HI, and a volcano erupts under my hotel. :rolleyes:

:rofl: Hopefully not!

This may actually be a fantastic time to see some lava flows. Your timing could be quite fortuitous.

I've always wanted to tour Sweden, Germany and Italy. Or more specifically Stuttgart and Pompeii.

One of the more amazing sites is to see how the lava in a past flow went right around a statue of the Goddess Pele. Given that many people still believe in Pele, it is easy to see how this was taken by some as a divine act. It is hard to imagine how the statue was spared.

When I was in Kona it smelled like a flower shop.

I had a blue Hawaiian. I was just about to cheer her up when my wife interrupted us. We usually stay at the Marriott in Aruba. They have a bar in the swimming pool. I don't drink there though. I hire myself out as a designated swimmer. That way I get all the free urine I want.

My wife and I are sick and tired of all the domestic quarreling, so our next good stab at leaving the country will be in August when we go to Cabo at the southern tip of Baja, Mexico. It'll be nothing but foreign quarreling for a week. It's an umbrella drink in the pool type resort and it will be our first time there. My wife said she'd leave the country if a Republican won, and I said I'd leave if a Democrat won. So in February next year it's back to the old grind in Aruba. Wake up, enjoy the whole day, go back to sleep. It's a daunting prospect, but under the circumstances it can't be avoided.

Vacation 101

ok so i want to go to a tropical beach or visit a european city and partaayy but how the hell can you go if you do not have anyone to go with? i studies abroad for a semester in college and it was the time of my life...but how can you get the same kicks now that you are older? there are no people my own age who want to come with me.! :(((((((((( too many are busy and too broke.

Make new friends when you're there.

happygal said:
ok so i want to go to a tropical beach or visit a european city and partaayy but how the hell can you go if you do not have anyone to go with? i studies abroad for a semester in college and it was the time of my life...but how can you get the same kicks now that you are older? there are no people my own age who want to come with me.! :(((((((((( too many are busy and too broke.
How about a travel club? Instead of being in the company of strangers from foreign lands, you can be in the company of strangers from your own country. Here is one (but there are many others). http://www.womenstravelclub.com/"

Last edited by a moderator:
The center of the Earth would be a neat spot to visit.

thank you for the response... does anyone know any travel programs that departs from europe as i live here now not in the States...?