Can a new account be made if old account is lost?

• Thread starter scott3
  • Start date
In summary, the individual lost their password a few weeks ago and was unable to reset it through the email system. They tried contacting PF but it didn't work, and they suspected an issue with the email service. They decided to wait until they changed their ISP or email address. They also asked if it was allowed to create a new account since they couldn't access their old one. Another user suggested they may have to create a new account under a different name to regain posting privileges. The individual eventually regained access to their original account, scott1. There was also a mention of a previous account, scott2, which the individual was unable to activate due to using the same email server as their original account.
scott3
I lost my password a few weeks ago and I couldn't get the email the password thing to work. I tried sending emails to PF but it didn't work. I think it might of been something wrong with the email service so I just decided to wait until I changed ISP's/ email address.

BTW Is it allowed that I make a new account since I can't get my old account back?

Physics news on Phys.org
Hey scott1,

We've had some problems with our email system in the past few days, which (hopefully) have been remedied.

If you can PM with the password you want on your scott1 account, I can change it for you so you can get back into it.

- Warren

scott3 said:
I lost my password a few weeks ago and I couldn't get the email the password thing to work. I tried sending emails to PF but it didn't work. I think it might of been something wrong with the email service so I just decided to wait until I changed ISP's/ email address.BTW Is it allowed that I make a new account since I can't get my old account back?

I had that problem when my PF contribution ran out, not sure if it's the same but I had to open a new account under a new name to get back my posting privellages, welcome back anyway.

I hadn't posted in a few months though so maybe if you aren't active in a while you get purged I have no idea?

Last edited:
You were gone? :confused:

Ok I'm now back to scott1.

was there ever a scott2??

Gale said:
was there ever a scott2??
Yes there was...But it was the same email server as my original email so I never got the activation address.

Welcome back, scott1!:smile:

welcome back

What is the meaning behind "I'm back(this is scott1)"?

The phrase "I'm back(this is scott1)" is often used as a way of announcing one's return to a certain community or platform. It may also imply a sense of confidence and determination to make a comeback after a period of absence.

Who is Scott1?

Scott1 is a username or alias that is often used in online communities. It may refer to a specific person or it could be a randomly generated username. The meaning behind the number 1 in the username is unknown.

Why is "I'm back(this is scott1)" a popular phrase?

The phrase has gained popularity as a way of making a dramatic and attention-grabbing announcement of one's return. It may also serve as a way of reconnecting with old friends or followers who may have missed the person's presence.

Is "I'm back(this is scott1)" always used in a positive context?

No, the phrase can be used in both positive and negative contexts. While it may imply a positive return, it could also be used sarcastically or as a way of stirring up drama within a community.

How can "I'm back(this is scott1)" impact a person's online presence?

The phrase can potentially increase a person's online presence by drawing attention to their return. It may also help them reconnect with old followers and gain new ones. However, it could also attract negative attention and backlash if used inappropriately or insincerely.