Im in love

  • Thread starter wolram
  • Start date

Answers and Replies

  • #3
wolram
Gold Member
4,267
557
cyrusabdollahi said:
I think I am going to voimt. That is atrocious.

If your going to put a motorcycle link, put one thats good,

http://www.dccruisers.com/cgi-bin/b...entPage=2&sort=ASC&browse=&order=Manufacturer

dc cruisers is about 15 mins from my house. The bikes they have are unbelievable (provided that you have 30k+ to drop on a bike)
It is the size of that motor, heck i doubt if i could get it around some of
the bends in our roads, and it is just (so) over the top :rofl: i wonder
where it originated :uhh:
 
  • #4
Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
7,230
209
This is what real men ride.

wei-bigmotorcycle.jpg
 
  • #5
2,985
15
Dear god someone lock this thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am in physical pain looking at these images.

This thread is in serious need of a few real bikes. Here is just one example of the great bikes that comes out of dc cruisers.

http://www.uploadfile.info/uploads/dd60f4b509.bmp [Broken]

(You have to see the bikes they have in their store)
 
Last edited by a moderator:
  • #6
wolram
Gold Member
4,267
557
cyrusabdollahi said:
Dear god someone lock this thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am in physical pain looking at these images.

This thread is in serious need of a few real bikes. Here is just one example of the great bikes that comes out of dc cruisers.

http://www.uploadfile.info/uploads/dd60f4b509.bmp [Broken]

(You have to see the bikes they have in their store)
What is wrong with you Cyrus, these are things of MENS dreams :tongue2:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
  • #7
wolram
Gold Member
4,267
557
Ivan Seeking said:
This is what real men ride.

wei-bigmotorcycle.jpg
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: i would not need roads with that.
 
  • #8
Curious3141
Homework Helper
2,843
87
Bikes are OK, but I never had that much fascination with them for some reason. Now, cars on the other hand...

bild10.jpg
 
  • #9
wolram
Gold Member
4,267
557
Curious3141 said:
Bikes are OK, but I never had that much fascination with them for some reason. Now, cars on the other hand...

bild10.jpg
It is broken :cry:
 
  • #10
Curious3141
Homework Helper
2,843
87
wolram said:
It is broken :cry:
Huh? That's the door!:rolleyes:

Do you recognise that car, BTW? Do you know you are in the presence of greatness and genius and perfection?
 
  • #11
2,985
15
Curious, that car is junk.

Bugatti Veyron would leave it for dust!

http://tanakatire.web.infoseek.co.jp/505/EB16_4Veyron.jpg
 
  • #12
wolram
Gold Member
4,267
557
Curious3141 said:
Huh? That's the door!:rolleyes:

Do you recognise that car, BTW? Do you know you are in the presence of greatness and genius and perfection?
But it is all dented, and looks like it has been wraped around a tree, do you not have a before picture ?
 
  • #13
wolram
Gold Member
4,267
557
cyrusabdollahi said:
Curious, that car is junk.

Bugatti Veyron would leave it for dust!

http://tanakatire.web.infoseek.co.jp/505/EB16_4Veyron.jpg
Eww, that one has an aft skin.
 
  • #14
Curious3141
Homework Helper
2,843
87
cyrusabdollahi said:
Curious, that car is junk.

Bugatti Veyron would leave it for dust!

http://tanakatire.web.infoseek.co.jp/505/EB16_4Veyron.jpg
C'mon. I love the Veyron too, but it's just too bulky and not nimble enough for real drivers. OK, it's got bragging rights for power, acceleration and top speed, but I bet the F1 would smoke it round a proper circuit.

Besides, the F1 was made with no compromises - I'm sure you know even the engine bay was lined with gold to reflect heat. The F1 also is RWD, like a proper sports car ought to be, not an AWD mammoth like the Veyron. :biggrin:
 
  • #15
wolram
Gold Member
4,267
557
I agree with Curious3141, you americans never did find out how to make
cars turn, :tongue2: and i was only joshing Curious, i would love a Mc.
 
  • #16
brewnog
Science Advisor
Gold Member
2,711
7
The thing which bugs me about cars like the Veyron and the F1 is that they've just had so much money thrown at them. Gold lined engine bays? That's not engineering, that's being ridiculous! Sure, they're competent, but completely unaffordable. If you're going to ogle at a vehicle it may as well be something which is within your grasp.

Now a Caterham CSR260, 0-60 in 3.1 seconds, will go round corners much faster than the Veyron, and costs about the same as a Mondeo. Plus it looks far better than most cars costing 3 times as much.
 
  • #17
Curious3141
Homework Helper
2,843
87
wolram said:
I agree with Curious3141, you americans never did find out how to make
cars turn, :tongue2: and i was only joshing Curious, i would love a Mc.
Cool!:cool:
 
  • #18
wolram
Gold Member
4,267
557
brewnog said:
The thing which bugs me about cars like the Veyron and the F1 is that they've just had so much money thrown at them. Gold lined engine bays? That's not engineering, that's being ridiculous! Sure, they're competent, but completely unaffordable. If you're going to ogle at a vehicle it may as well be something which is within your grasp.

Now a Caterham CSR260, 0-60 in 3.1 seconds, will go round corners much faster than the Veyron, and costs about the same as a Mondeo. Plus it looks far better than most cars costing 3 times as much.
Oh now we have to buy a motorised roller skate that burns ones left leg
while ones bollocks freeze off.:smile: :smile:
 
  • #19
Curious3141
Homework Helper
2,843
87
brewnog said:
The thing which bugs me about cars like the Veyron and the F1 is that they've just had so much money thrown at them. Gold lined engine bays? That's not engineering, that's being ridiculous! Sure, they're competent, but completely unaffordable. If you're going to ogle at a vehicle it may as well be something which is within your grasp.

Now a Caterham CSR260, 0-60 in 3.1 seconds, will go round corners much faster than the Veyron, and costs about the same as a Mondeo. Plus it looks far better than most cars costing 3 times as much.
What intrigues me about the F1 is that it was built with no compromises whatsoever. The gold in the engine bay was simply another aspect of Gordon Murray's fastidious genius. In any case, you were getting more than your money's worth, if I'm not mistaken, the company made a loss on every F1 they sold.

If you want to talk track day specials, there are other cars that excite me far more than the Caterhams or Lotus Super Seven inspired specials. The Tiger series of sportscars is even quicker and cheaper (if memory serves). The Radical SR3 is a cool looking car that's basically an all out race car that's road legal in some places. Then you have cars like the Ultima GTR which are slightly more fleshed out street legal race cars.

If you want to get slightly more refined, go with the Noble.

If you want to go completely the other way and get a near go-kart, get an Ariel Atom.

The possibilities are endless.:biggrin:
 
  • #20
wolram
Gold Member
4,267
557
Wow, i thought i was an oily nut but you are the oily nut and bolt :smile:
i am into F1, but the cars you mention are not in my ken, do you have some pics ?
 
  • #21
Curious3141
Homework Helper
2,843
87
wolram said:
Wow, i thought i was an oily nut but you are the oily nut and bolt :smile:
i am into F1, but the cars you mention are not in my ken, do you have some pics ?
Sure, here are some links :

Tiger : http://www.tigerracing.com/

Radical : http://www.radicalsportscars.com/

Noble : http://www.noblecars.com/home.htm [Broken]

Ultima : http://www.ultimasports.co.uk/

Ariel : http://www.arielmotor.co.uk/04/frames.htm [Broken]

I'm actually surprised that as a Brit, you're not familiar with most of these - I believe they're all made in Britain, which is a *great* place for focused kit cars and no-nonsense sports cars. TVR, which is one of the better known British sports car brands, is one of my favorite makes as well.

I'm pretty much into cars. Can't afford one of these machines unfortunately, Singapore levies taxes on all cars, making them easily three times as expensive here as in the US or UK. I drive a highly modified Subaru WRX, my dad drives an Evo (Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VII GT-A) and a 2nd gen Lotus Elan turbo SE. We've pretty much always had one fast car or so around the house, including a 911 many years back. The only crappy car in the house belongs to my mom, that's a Kia Picanto. :wink:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
  • #22
Astronuc
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
18,929
2,245
brewnog said:
The thing which bugs me about cars like the Veyron and the F1 is that they've just had so much money thrown at them. Gold lined engine bays? That's not engineering, that's being ridiculous!
I agree with brewnog on this. I put function and performance over form. However, form is important in the sense of aerodynamics which does influence traction.
 
  • #23
Curious3141
Homework Helper
2,843
87
Astronuc said:
However, form is important in the sense of aerodynamics which does influence traction.
And straight line performance (acceleration, top speed and fuel economy) of course.:smile:
 
  • #24
wolram
Gold Member
4,267
557
Curious3141 said:
Sure, here are some links :

Tiger : http://www.tigerracing.com/

Radical : http://www.radicalsportscars.com/

Noble : http://www.noblecars.com/home.htm [Broken]

Ultima : http://www.ultimasports.co.uk/

Ariel : http://www.arielmotor.co.uk/04/frames.htm [Broken]

I'm actually surprised that as a Brit, you're not familiar with most of these - I believe they're all made in Britain, which is a *great* place for focused kit cars and no-nonsense sports cars. TVR, which is one of the better known British sports car brands, is one of my favorite makes as well.

I'm pretty much into cars. Can't afford one of these machines unfortunately, Singapore levies taxes on all cars, making them easily three times as expensive here as in the US or UK. I drive a highly modified Subaru WRX, my dad drives an Evo (Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VII GT-A) and a 2nd gen Lotus Elan turbo SE. We've pretty much always had one fast car or so around the house, including a 911 many years back. The only crappy car in the house belongs to my mom, that's a Kia Picanto. :wink:
Oh, i like the Atom, bare bones is my thing, it is just so rare to find an epicure in motor sport these days.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
  • #25
Astronuc
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
18,929
2,245
Don't forget at speed - the ability to stay on the road. :biggrin:

North American Eagle (http://www.landspeed.com/PhotoGallery.asp [Broken] ) - using an F-104 fuselage as a platform. Not very practical around town. :rofl:

Length - 56 feet
Weight - 13,000 lbs.

Engine - General Electric LM - 1500 Turbojet supplied by S&S Turbine Services, Ltd., Ft. St. John, BC.

Thrust - Stock Engine for low speed testing: 42,500 hp
- Specially Enhanced Engine for record runs: 52,000 hp

Fuel Consumption - Stock engine

Idle = 40 gallons / minute
100 % = 80 gallons / minute
Full AB = 160 gallons / minute
Chassis - F-104A-10 Starfighter with North American Eagle™ design suspension
and systems integration.

Fuselage Design - Kelly Johnson, Lockheed Skunkworks, serial number 56-0763.

edit: I was just checking the performance calcs on the NAE - it just might acheive 800 mph in 3.5 miles, but it would need about 8 miles to achieve 880 mph. :rofl:
http://www.landspeed.com/files/acceleration_estimates2.pdf [Broken] (page 6/8)

Of course, that's nothing compared to the shuttle and its 37 million hp SSME set. :biggrin:
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Related Threads on Im in love

  • Last Post
Replies
6
Views
2K
  • Last Post
2
Replies
35
Views
6K
  • Poll
  • Last Post
2
Replies
31
Views
4K
  • Last Post
Replies
13
Views
6K
  • Last Post
Replies
22
Views
2K
  • Last Post
3
Replies
61
Views
6K
  • Last Post
Replies
4
Views
1K
  • Last Post
Replies
14
Views
2K
  • Last Post
Replies
5
Views
3K
  • Last Post
Replies
11
Views
3K
Top