I'm thinking about becoming a racist

• Thread starter tribdog
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Thinking
In summary, the speaker is currently at a Courtyard by Marriott and is frustrated about their job as a surveyor for a finance company. They have had trouble getting access to gas stations due to the first station owner asking for a letter and then calling his brother at the second station. The speaker expresses frustration and makes a racist comment about the station owner being Arab.
tribdog
I'm sitting in my suite in the Courtyard by Marriott right now thinking about blowing up a gas station. I worked for three hours on Friday, drove for 12 hours to San Jose got 5 hours sleep and then went to work today. My job is surveying and I have to do a survey of about 30 gas stations for a finance company. I went to the first gas station and started working. After working a few hours the guy in the gas station came out and kicked me off his property. Saying he wanted to see a letter from the finance company. While I am waiting for the letter I went to the next station on my list and wasn't even allowed on the property. The guy from the first station called his brother at the second one. Surveying is non-destructive by nature and there is no reason not to let me do my job, but this damn Arab won't let me do it, simply because he wants to be a jerk. Why can't he be more like Apu?

Physics news on Phys.org
tribdog said:
but this damn Arab won't let me do it, simply because he wants to be a jerk. Why can't he be more like Apu?

Yeah, I'm sure it's because he's arab... you racist assh0le.

And you think replacing an 'o' with a '0' will let you fly under the ubermentors' radar-screens...you stupid @ $ $ # 0 ! e :biggrin:

1. What is racism?

Racism is a belief that one race is superior or inferior to another. It can also include discriminatory actions or behaviors towards individuals of a certain race.

2. Why do people become racist?

There is no single reason why people become racist. It can be influenced by societal norms, personal experiences, and cultural beliefs. It is important to recognize that racism is a learned behavior and can be unlearned.

3. Is being racist a choice?

Yes, being racist is a choice. While some may argue that it is a result of upbringing or societal influences, ultimately, individuals have the power to choose their beliefs and behaviors. It is important to actively reject racist ideologies and strive towards equality.

4. Can someone be born racist?

No, people are not born racist. Racism is a learned behavior and is influenced by external factors. It is important to educate and expose children to diverse cultures and perspectives to prevent the development of racist beliefs.

5. How can I overcome racist thoughts and behaviors?

Recognizing and acknowledging one's racist thoughts and behaviors is the first step towards overcoming them. It is important to educate oneself about different cultures and actively challenge any prejudiced beliefs. Surrounding oneself with diverse individuals and engaging in open and honest conversations can also help in overcoming racism.