Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Importing part of a PDF document into latex

1. Aug 16, 2010 #1
    hi, there is a figure that i want to include in my latex document. The figure is in someones thesis and i want to have just that one figure in my latex document but im not sure how to this. in power point i can just use the snap shop feature but how do i do it for latex where it requires a png, pdf etc format?
    obv i will reference the fig accordingly

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 16, 2010 #2

cristo

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

Can't you just lift that part of the file and save it as a pdf?

(Oh, and you should ask permission to reproduce any figure from the copyright holder)

4. Aug 16, 2010 #3
    i do :)

what you mean by "lift"? ive tried selecting it but that just saves the whole thing. ive also tried most things under tools - Select and Zoom but im getting no where :(

thanks

5. Aug 16, 2010 #4

cristo

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

What operating system are you using? I'm only really used to apple nowadays, in which case you can use preview to copy into a new file and then save as pdf. On windows, I'm not sure how you can do this (though there must be a way).

6. Aug 21, 2010 #5
    look into pdfpages package

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook