Information regarding MSc Physics course in Cambride or oxford

As for the specific course, there are two departments that offer relevant courses: the Department of Applied Mathematics and Theoretical Physics (DAMTP) and the Physics Department, which focuses more on experimental physics. It is recommended to check the websites of Cambridge and Oxford for more information. In summary, there is no specific information provided about the procedure for entering an MSc physics course at Cambridge, but it is advised to visit the websites of the university for more details.
photonic
HI everyone,

I'm a student from India . I would like to know the procedure
to enter Msc physics course in Cambride(if at all its there).
Is a three year degree valid in UK

Physics news on Phys.org
you know, you should be looking at cambridge and oxford's webpages in order to find the information you're seeking.
anyway, at cambridge there's the department of applied mathematics and theoretical physics (damtp) and there's the physics department, which i think is more concerned with experimental physics.

photonic said:
HI everyone,

I'm a student from India . I would like to know the procedure
to enter Msc physics course in Cambride(if at all its there).
Is a three year degree valid in UK

Unsurprisingly, all of this information is available on the websites for both universities. Cambridge, for example, details all of their courses on their admissions pages.

1. What is the duration of the MSc Physics course at Cambridge or Oxford?

The MSc Physics course at both Cambridge and Oxford typically lasts for one year, with full-time study.

2. What are the admission requirements for the MSc Physics course at Cambridge or Oxford?

The admission requirements vary for each university, but typically include a bachelor's degree in Physics or a related field, strong academic performance, and letters of recommendation.

3. What is the curriculum like for the MSc Physics course at Cambridge or Oxford?

The curriculum for the MSc Physics course at both universities is rigorous and covers a wide range of topics in physics, including classical mechanics, quantum mechanics, electromagnetism, and thermodynamics. Students also have the opportunity to specialize in a specific area of physics through elective courses.

4. Are there any research opportunities available for MSc Physics students at Cambridge or Oxford?

Both universities offer research opportunities for MSc Physics students, allowing them to work on cutting-edge projects alongside faculty members. Students can also choose to pursue a research-based thesis as part of their degree.

5. What career opportunities are available for graduates of the MSc Physics course at Cambridge or Oxford?

Graduates of the MSc Physics course at both universities have a wide range of career opportunities available to them, including positions in research, academia, industry, and government. Many also go on to pursue further studies at the PhD level.