1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Integral of full-wave rectified sinewave, find equivalent sine waveform

1. Sep 30, 2008 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data
    I am given two waveforms (a square wave and DC) that define the maximum allowable operating parameters for an LED. I wish to derive the maximum allowable fully-rectified sine waveform (120hz).
    Square wave: 442mW peak, 0.1ms pulse width, 10% duty cycle
    DC: 87mW

See attached PDF. Use the power on the right axis instead of current on the left. Also ignore the temperature stuff. I was trying to figure out why the energy for each waveform is different.

Here is a link to the actual spec sheet:
    http://marktechopto.com/pdfs/Cree/LO566EBL3-70H-A3-MT 03DEC07.pdf

This is a two-part question. First, how do I write the integral for the full-wave rectified sine? Note that the sinewave's x-axis intersection is advanced/delayed by ~1.12ms. Integrate from 0 to pi?

Second, how do I deal with the fact that the total energy for the given waveforms is different? Or is this unsolvable?

2. Relevant equations

3. The attempt at a solution
    See PDF.

Attached Files:

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted