Integration Applications Question

In summary, the question asks to find the area of the shaded region within a square without providing an equation for the boundary. The area of the square is 1 unit squared. The attempt at a solution involved using the formula for the area of a lens shape, resulting in (π/2) - 1. Further clarification was needed, and after considering the possibility of a quarter circle, the answer was found to be (π/2) - 1. The arcs were symmetrical, leading to the solution.
Shakattack12

Homework Statement

Hi, the question just states find the area of the pink, within a square, without giving an equation for the pink boundary line. I did look up the formula for the lens shape but was wondering how to do this with integration. The area of the square is 1 un2.

Sorry about the image, wasn't sure if I could post a textbook question.

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

Using the area of a lens shape I got (π/2) - 1.

Attachments

• IMG_0344.JPG
    IMG_0344.JPG
    24 KB · Views: 321
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Hmm. Any more info? Is it a section of a circle with a radius 1 unit, for example? What did you do to come up with your answer of (pi/2) - 1? So if it is a quarter circle, for example, what can you say about the area outside of the shaded area?

That's all the information was. The diagonal of the square is √2 using Pythagoras but nothing else I could extrapolate. I got (π/2) -1 by finding a rule for the area of a lens and went from there. The textbook says the answer is (π/2) - 1 but it's in integral applications so I probably can't just use a rule for area.

Suppose that one of the arcs is a quarter circle. What is the radius of that circle? From that, what is the area of that quarter circle (not your shaded area, but from the center of the circle to the edge. Subtract that from the area of the square. Do you see any symmetry?

Yeah the arcs were symmetrical. Thanks for the help I figured it out.

What is an "Integration Application"?

An Integration Application is a software program or platform that allows different computer systems or applications to communicate and share data with each other. It enables businesses to connect and integrate their various systems, processes, and data in a seamless and efficient manner.

Why do businesses need Integration Applications?

Businesses need Integration Applications to streamline their operations, improve data accuracy and consistency, and increase productivity. It allows them to automate processes, reduce manual data entry, eliminate duplicate data, and gain real-time insights from integrated data sources.

What are the benefits of using Integration Applications?

The benefits of using Integration Applications include improved efficiency and productivity, reduced errors and costs, enhanced data accuracy and consistency, and better decision-making through real-time data insights. It also allows businesses to easily scale and adapt to changing business needs and technologies.

How do Integration Applications work?

Integration Applications typically use APIs (Application Programming Interfaces) to facilitate communication and data exchange between different systems or applications. APIs act as messengers, allowing information to be passed back and forth between systems in a standardized and secure manner.

What are some examples of Integration Applications?

Some examples of Integration Applications include Zapier, MuleSoft, Dell Boomi, and Microsoft Azure. These platforms offer a variety of integration solutions for different business needs, such as connecting CRM and email marketing systems, automating data transfers between ERP and e-commerce platforms, and integrating sales and inventory data for better supply chain management.