Integration of natural log problem

Just remember to get some rest! In summary, the conversation discusses the integration of ln(e2x-1) dx and the attempt at a solution using the property of ln(ab) = b lna. The final answer is given as 1/4 [ln (e2x-1 )]2 + c. The person also mentions studying for a physics test and thanking the other person for their help.
kill00

Homework Statement

what is the integral of ln(e2x-1) dx

2. The attempt at a solution
I got
u= ln(e2x-1)
du = 2e2x-1 \ e2x-1
du = 2 dx

1/2(integral of u du)

1/2 ln (e2x-1 ) +c

=
1/4 [ln (e2x-1 )]2 + c

Could you please let me know if this is correct? I don't know how to integrate ln

thanks again

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Post deleted.

kill00 said:

Homework Statement

what is the integral of ln(e2x-1) dx

2. The attempt at a solution
I got
u= ln(e2x-1)
du = 2e2x-1 \ e2x-1
du = 2 dx

1/2(integral of u du)

1/2 ln (e2x-1 ) +c

=
1/4 [ln (e2x-1 )]2 + c

Could you please let me know if this is correct? I don't know how to integrate ln

thanks again

It might make your life a whole lot easier if you use the property that ln(ab) = b lna, and ln e = 1.

WOW, I seriously need to get some sleep if I couldn't think of that. I was studying for a physics test all night yesterday.

Thanks a lot gb7nash really appreciate it.

No problemo

1. What is the definition of natural log?

The natural log, or ln, is a logarithmic function that is the inverse of the exponential function. It is written as ln(x) and represents the power to which the base e (approximately equal to 2.718) must be raised to equal x.

2. Why do we need to integrate natural log problems?

Integrating natural log problems allows us to find the area under a curve and solve for the original function. This is useful in many fields of science, such as physics and biology, where finding the total change or growth over time is important.

3. What are the basic rules for integrating natural log?

The basic rules for integrating natural log include: using the power rule, integrating by parts, and using the substitution method. It is also important to remember that ln(x) integrates to 1/x and ln(ax) integrates to (1/a)ln(ax) + C.

4. How do I solve a natural log integration problem?

To solve a natural log integration problem, you can follow these steps: 1. Identify the function to be integrated. 2. Use the appropriate integration rule based on the form of the function. 3. Simplify the expression, if possible. 4. Add a constant of integration, denoted by +C.

5. Can natural log integration problems have multiple solutions?

Yes, natural log integration problems can have multiple solutions. This is because the constant of integration (+C) can take on any real value, resulting in an infinite number of possible solutions. To find the specific solution, additional information or boundary conditions are needed.