İnterest question for my exam toorrow

• MHB
  • Thread starter Mhmdozer
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Exam
In summary, the conversation discusses a man who buys a car on an installment basis with a down payment of 50,000 and 4 equal payments of 20,000 with an interest rate of 8%. The formula used to calculate the cash price of the car is given, and the final answer is determined to be 116,243. The value in dollars of 20,000 is not provided in the conversation.
Mhmdozer
Hi everyone. I have a one question about interest rates for my exam, if you help I'd be happy.

A man buys car on instalment basis such that he pays 50.000 on signing of the contract and remaining in 4 equal instalments of 20.000 the first is being paid at the end of first year and so on for each year if the rate of interest is %8 effective, find the cash price of the car?

Mathematics news on Phys.org
Mhmdozer said:
A man buys car on instalment basis such that he pays 50.000 on signing of the contract and remaining in 4 equal instalments of 20.000 the first is being paid at the end of first year and so on for each year if the rate of interest is %8 effective, find the cash price of the car?
Formula (present value of annuity):
p = a[1 - 1/(1+i)^n]/i

a = amount of payment (20.000)
i = interest rate (.08)
n = number of payments (4)
p = present value (?)

That will result in p = 66.243,
so price of car = 66.243 + 50.000 = 116.243

Curious: what is value in dollars of 20.000 ?

1. What is the definition of "İnterest question"?

"İnterest question" refers to a question that is designed to pique the interest of the reader or listener, often used to introduce a topic or spark curiosity.

2. Why is it important to include "İnterest questions" in exams?

Including "İnterest questions" in exams can make the questions more engaging and thought-provoking, leading to a deeper understanding of the topic being tested. It can also help to keep students motivated and interested in the material being covered.

3. How do you create effective "İnterest questions" for exams?

Effective "İnterest questions" should be relevant to the topic being tested and should require critical thinking and analysis. They should also be clear and concise, avoiding any ambiguity. It can also be helpful to use real-life examples or scenarios to make the question more relatable and interesting.

4. Can "İnterest questions" be used in all subjects?

Yes, "İnterest questions" can be used in all subjects as long as they are relevant to the topic being tested and help to engage students in critical thinking and analysis. However, the format and type of "İnterest questions" may vary depending on the subject.

5. Are "İnterest questions" better than traditional exam questions?

This is subjective and depends on the individual's learning style. While "İnterest questions" can make exams more engaging and thought-provoking, traditional exam questions are also important for testing knowledge and understanding of the material. A combination of both types of questions can be beneficial in assessing a student's overall understanding and critical thinking skills.