Is a Death the Ultimate Breakup?

• Thread starter chaoseverlasting
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Relationships
In summary: I just broke up with a girl I was seeing for almost a year and a half. Anyone have useful break up strategies? It's been a civil but heart wrenching break up and I'm a little bit in the dumps. I know this'll pass, but until it does, how do you guys deal with break ups?Time heals everything. And while you're waiting for that to happen, you can do things like spend more time with your friends or family, watch movies, or do some exercise. Additionally, don't make any big decisions until you're feeling better.
chaoseverlasting
Bad break up anyone?

Physics news on Phys.org
I just broke up with a girl I was seeing for almost a year and a half. Anyone have useful break up strategies? It's been a civil but heart wrenching break up and I'm a little bit in the dumps. I know this'll pass, but until it does, how do you guys deal with break ups?

Sorry to hear it, chaos.

So, spend more time with your friends or family. Got any little kids around, like nieces or nephews? Take them to the park, or something fun.

Movies are a good way to escape reality now and then. Also, exercise...that's my biggie, helps with stress management and helps keep depression from getting a foothold.

Go somewhere new, it helps to get away, even for an afternoon.

Don't make any big decisions until you're feeling better. Like, don't go join the Peace Corps (or some equivalent) :biggrin:.

chaoseverlasting said:
I just broke up with a girl I was seeing for almost a year and a half. Anyone have useful break up strategies? It's been a civil but heart wrenching break up and I'm a little bit in the dumps. I know this'll pass, but until it does, how do you guys deal with break ups?

Time heals everything. Meanwhile, sports ! Lift some iron, hit the heavy bag, run .. whatever floats your boat. There is nothing like strong physical effort to evict anxiety and depression from your system.
There is a general up-regulation of most functions in the body, and it will have pretty fast effects on your "mood". And btw, you have to give it a chance, not decide after 2 practice sessions that sports are not for you. It aint magic, takes time to feel the effects, but they do come.

And keep open socially. You never know when someone will appear and a single look at her will erase whatever pain you felt and make you feel whole again .

Yeah, I used to lift weights, but don't have the time for it anymore. I've started wall climbing once or twice a week. Right now, I have exams though; that pretty much means that I'm sitting by myself in a room hitting the books. Not the best way out.

Lisab, :D I don't think I'll ever join the peace corps, but yeah, I'm just trying to keep my head straight atm. Its been a couple of weeks, I just thought I'd be over this already!

Last time I had a big breakup I bought a bunch of great books and read up a storm. Getting lost in the books was a great way to take my mind off of things.

I'm sorry you're going through this. Nothing worse than a breakup.

chaoseverlasting said:
how do you guys deal with break ups?

Moving on, ie new chicks.

Seriously, the more time alone without any new female companionship, the more your long-term relationship blows up in your mind and consumes it. You will be amazed how quickly your mind and heart can move on, if only you allow them to by finding someone new.

Does having someone die on you count as a bad break up?

Related to Is a Death the Ultimate Breakup?

1. What are internecine relationships?

Internecine relationships refer to conflicts or rivalries between individuals or groups within the same organization, community, or society.

2. What are some common causes of internecine relationships?

Some common causes of internecine relationships include power struggles, competition for resources or recognition, differing ideologies or beliefs, and personal grievances.

3. How do internecine relationships affect the individuals involved?

Internecine relationships can have negative effects on the individuals involved, such as increased stress, decreased job satisfaction, and damaged relationships with coworkers. It can also lead to a toxic work environment and hinder productivity.

4. Can internecine relationships be resolved?

Yes, internecine relationships can be resolved through effective communication, conflict resolution strategies, and promoting a positive and inclusive work culture. However, it may require effort and cooperation from all parties involved.

5. How can organizations prevent internecine relationships?

Organizations can prevent internecine relationships by promoting open communication, encouraging teamwork and collaboration, addressing conflicts promptly and fairly, and fostering a positive and respectful work culture.