Intra-atomic gravity causes magnetism?

In summary: Unfortunately, the physics of quantum magnetism isn't that easy. It is a many-body phenomenon. The orientation of spin of one atom is governed by the orientation and location of all the other spins in close vicinity to it (nearest neighbor, next-nearest neighbor, next-next-nearest neighbor, etc.). That is why sometime you can an ferromagnetic material, an antiferromagnetic material, etc.. etc.
treehouse
I read in Stephen Herman's Electrical Studies for Trades: 4th Edition that 'internal gravity' causes electrons to spin on their axes, resulting in magnetism. How do electrons' spins result in flux?

Physics news on Phys.org
Please cite the Page number, so that someone can write to the author and remove that incorrect phrase "internal gravity".

Zz.

ZapperZ said:
Please cite the Page number, so that someone can write to the author and remove that incorrect phrase "internal gravity".

Zz.
Its under the second headline on page 86.

How would magnetic domains result in flux lines?

treehouse said:
How would magnetic domains result in flux lines?

Are you referring to the magnetic domains in something like a magnet?

The book I cited says that when the atoms of iron, nickel and cobalt combine their electrons of the same spins pair up, creating magnetic domains. It also says that you can call magnetic domains 'magnetic molecules'.

treehouse said:
The book I cited says that when the atoms of iron, nickel and cobalt combine their electrons of the same spins pair up, creating magnetic domains. It also says that you can call magnetic domains 'magnetic molecules'.

Ah ok. Well, I think flux lines are simply visual representations of the magnetic field from these molecules.

Now this is eerie. I am writing a book and need a physicist to talk with for research purposes, and this is exactly one of the topics I need info about.
Maybe I should just read through all the forums and I might find all my answers..lol

chadthree6ty said:
Now this is eerie. I am writing a book and need a physicist to talk with for research purposes, and this is exactly one of the topics I need info about.
Maybe I should just read through all the forums and I might find all my answers..lol

Use the search feature!

Drakkith said:
Ah ok. Well, I think flux lines are simply visual representations of the magnetic field from these molecules.

I'm wondering if there are some rules by which particular arrangements of spins result in flux fields of particular shapes.

treehouse said:
I'm wondering if there are some rules by which particular arrangements of spins result in flux fields of particular shapes.

Unfortunately, the physics of quantum magnetism isn't that easy. It is a many-body phenomenon. The orientation of spin of one atom is governed by the orientation and location of all the other spins in close vicinity to it (nearest neighbor, next-nearest neighbor, next-next-nearest neighbor, etc.). That is why sometime you can an ferromagnetic material, an antiferromagnetic material, etc.. etc.

We do know that it isn't due to "intra-atomic gravity".

Zz.

1. What is intra-atomic gravity?

Intra-atomic gravity is a theoretical concept that suggests that gravity exists within the atomic structure, influencing the behavior of subatomic particles.

2. How does intra-atomic gravity cause magnetism?

According to the theory, the gravitational force between subatomic particles creates a magnetic field, which in turn influences the alignment of magnetic dipoles in materials, resulting in magnetism.

3. Is there any evidence to support the idea of intra-atomic gravity?

Currently, there is no empirical evidence to support the theory of intra-atomic gravity. It is still a subject of ongoing research and debate among scientists.

4. How does this theory differ from the traditional understanding of magnetism?

The traditional understanding of magnetism is based on the concept of electromagnetism, where the movement of electrons creates a magnetic field. Intra-atomic gravity, on the other hand, suggests that gravity plays a role in the origin of magnetism.

5. What implications could this theory have on our understanding of the universe?

If proven to be true, the concept of intra-atomic gravity could revolutionize our understanding of the fundamental forces of nature, and potentially lead to advancements in areas such as quantum mechanics and cosmology.