Inverse laplace of this beheemoth

In summary, the conversation is about solving an initial value problem using Laplace transforms and the answer being the Laplace inverse of a given expression. The person tried using partial fraction decomposition and Wolfram but was unsuccessful. However, they eventually figured out that they did not need to find the inverse.
runforest

Homework Statement

I had to solve an IVP using laplace transforms.
the answer should be the laplace inverse of:
(1-2e^(-s/2)+2e^(-s)+se^(-s))/((s^2)(1-e^(-s))(s^2+10s+14))

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

i tried partial frac. decomp. and failed miserably. I also tried wolfram and it did not work.

Physics news on Phys.org
runforest said:
I had to solve an IVP using laplace transforms.
the answer should be the laplace inverse of:
(1-2e^(-s/2)+2e^(-s)+se^(-s))/((s^2)(1-e^(-s))(s^2+10s+14))

This looks way too complex (for a homework question).
What was your original problem?

yea sorry. I figured it out. I did not have to inverse it.
I also don't know how to delete a post. :(

1. What is the inverse Laplace transform?

The inverse Laplace transform is a mathematical operation that converts a function in the Laplace domain back to its original form in the time domain. It is the reverse process of the Laplace transform, which converts a function in the time domain to its representation in the Laplace domain.

2. How is the inverse Laplace transform of a function determined?

The inverse Laplace transform is determined by using a table of Laplace transform pairs, which consists of common functions and their corresponding transforms. The inverse Laplace transform can also be calculated using integration techniques, such as partial fractions or contour integration.

3. What is the notation used for the inverse Laplace transform?

The notation used for the inverse Laplace transform is f(t) or F-1(s), where f(t) is the original function in the time domain and F-1(s) is its inverse in the Laplace domain.

4. What is the importance of the inverse Laplace transform in science?

The inverse Laplace transform is an essential tool in various fields of science, such as engineering, physics, and mathematics. It allows for the analysis and modeling of complex systems and phenomena in the time domain, which is crucial for understanding real-world processes and designing practical solutions.

5. Can any function be transformed using the inverse Laplace transform?

No, not all functions have an inverse Laplace transform. Some conditions must be satisfied for a function to have a valid inverse Laplace transform, such as being a piecewise continuous function and having a finite number of discontinuities. Additionally, the original function must be uniquely determined by its Laplace transform.