Frustrated with Inverse Laplace Transform: Help Needed!

In summary, the conversation is about inverse Laplace transformation and the frustration it is causing. The problem involves going from a complex fraction to a sinusoidal function, and the person has attempted a solution but it is not quite accurate. After realizing their mistake, they have found the correct solution.
Kruum

Homework Statement

This isn't a homework, I'm just trying to recap for a mid-term. Anyways, it's about inverse Laplace transformation and this crap is starting to piss me off! How the heck are you supposed to go from [tex] \frac{ \frac{-U}{s}}{R+sL+ \frac{1}{sC}}[/tex] to [tex]- \frac{2 \sqrt{10}}{ \sqrt{15}}e^{-125t}sin(125 \sqrt{15})[/tex]?

Homework Equations

The values are: [tex]U= \sqrt{10}, R=1, L=4*10^{-3}, C=1*10^{-3}[/tex]

The Attempt at a Solution

My best attempt so far has gotten me to [tex] \frac{-U}{s^2+s(R/L)+(1/LC)}=\frac{- \sqrt{10}}{125 \sqrt{15}} \frac{125 \sqrt{15}}{(s+125)^2+(125 \sqrt{15})^2}[/tex]. I know this is pretty close but not close enough...

Physics news on Phys.org
I found it out myself. Instead of [tex] \frac{-U}{s^2+s(R/L)+(1/LC)}[/tex] I should have had [tex] \frac{-U/LC}{s^2+s(R/L)+(1/LC)}[/tex]. This gives me the right answer.

1. What is the Inverse Laplace Transform?

The Inverse Laplace Transform is a mathematical operation that takes a function in the Laplace domain and converts it back to the time domain. It is used to solve differential equations and analyze systems in engineering and physics.

2. Why is the Inverse Laplace Transform important?

The Inverse Laplace Transform is important because it allows us to solve complex differential equations and analyze systems that cannot be easily solved in the time domain. It also helps us understand the behavior of systems and make predictions based on mathematical models.

3. What are the challenges of performing the Inverse Laplace Transform?

One of the main challenges of performing the Inverse Laplace Transform is that it can be mathematically complex and require a lot of calculation. It also requires a good understanding of complex analysis and the properties of the Laplace Transform.

4. How can I improve my skills in performing the Inverse Laplace Transform?

To improve your skills in performing the Inverse Laplace Transform, it is important to have a strong understanding of complex analysis and practice solving various problems. You can also seek out resources such as textbooks, online tutorials, and practice problems to help you improve.

5. Are there any tips for solving problems related to the Inverse Laplace Transform?

Some tips for solving problems related to the Inverse Laplace Transform include understanding the properties of the Laplace Transform, breaking complex functions into simpler parts, and using tables and identities to simplify calculations. It is also helpful to practice and become familiar with common types of problems and their solutions.