Is Landau's non-relativistic QM a good resource for self-studying?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
jamalkoiyess
Messages
217
Reaction score
22
Hello there,

So I just finished a course on Qm with Griffiths but the teacher was not the best, to say the least. I disliked the book too and its kind of childish or funny way of presenting stuff.

During the summer break I want to go over QM again but with a better book and by myself. I loved the area of physics and want to know more deeply its ideas and concepts.

Should I start with Landau's non-relativistic QM? I used one of their books as a reference for fluid dynamic before and I thought that the presentation was clear and helpful.

Is this a great idea?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Since you are saying that the teacher was not good, you can follow a video lecture course. I prefer Prof. Balakrishnan's http://www.nptel.ac.in/courses/122106034/. The lectures are just fantastic. You'll also find the lectures in the Media gallery under category Quantum.

After that, you may do the course http://www.nptel.ac.in/courses/115108074/ by Prof. Patel.

These lectures are very good, and I'm myself learning from them.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: jamalkoiyess
jamalkoiyess said:
Should I start with Landau's non-relativistic QM? I used one of their books as a reference for fluid dynamic before and I thought that the presentation was clear and helpful.
Since you liked Landau's fluids, you will probably like Landau's QM as well.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: jamalkoiyess