Is there such software, that I can use the PC for graphing?

In summary, the conversation discusses different options for graphing complex equations, including using a TI-89 calculator, a PC program called Gnuplot, and another program called Maxima. The participants also mention difficulties with finding a Windows version of Gnuplot and a specific feature in Maxima. They also provide a link to download the binary for Gnuplot.
RESmonkey
Like, there are somethings that take too long to graph on ti-89, especially with accuracy. I would like to know how to use my PC to graph.

Thank you.

Computer science news on Phys.org
Gnuplot is free, easy and can plot 2d and 3d functions as well as data.
You could also use excel

I downloaded it, but only the source code. Can't find a windows-dumbed down .exe installation file. I don't have much time to compile and all that :(

I just installed Maxima. I can't find the option to graph polar equations, just regular, parametric, and discrete.

http://www.mathgv.com/mgv3_1.exe

Last edited by a moderator:
Just download the gnuplot gp43win32.zip package for the windows binary.

1. What software can I use to graph on my PC?

There are several software options available for graphing on a PC, such as Microsoft Excel, Google Sheets, and GraphPad Prism. These programs offer a variety of graphing tools and features to suit different scientific needs.

2. Is there a free graphing software for PC?

Yes, there are several free graphing software options for PC, including Gnumeric, SciDAVis, and Veusz. These programs offer basic graphing capabilities and can be a good option for those on a budget.

3. Can I import data into graphing software on my PC?

Yes, most graphing software for PC allows you to import data from various sources, such as spreadsheets or text files. This can save time and make it easier to create graphs using your own data.

4. What types of graphs can I create using PC software?

PC software for graphing offers a wide range of graph types, from basic line and bar graphs to more complex ones such as scatter plots, histograms, and 3D graphs. Some software also allows for customization of graph elements, such as colors, labels, and scales.

5. Is it possible to export graphs created on a PC to other formats?

Yes, most graphing software for PC allows you to export your graphs to various formats, such as image files (JPEG, PNG, etc.) or PDFs. This makes it easy to share your graphs with others or include them in presentations or reports.