Is this proposed schedule going to be hard.

In summary, the speaker is seeking opinions on their planned schedule for the upcoming fall semester, which includes courses such as Circuit Analysis II, Introduction to Digital Systems, Electromagnetic Fields and Applications, Modern Computational Methods (using Matlab), and Electronic Circuits I. They are also considering taking a Discrete Math class, but are limited to a maximum of 5 courses without permission. The speaker is unsure about the difficulty of these courses and the time commitment for labs. They are currently taking 17 credits without any issues and are seeking advice on whether to stick with 5 courses or add a sixth.
Chunkysalsa
I know these kind of topics suck but I'd like some opinions on the schedule I'm planning next fall. I heard EM was hard and I was curious to see if that plus all the rest was a lot to handle. Especially as my first real EE semester

Circuit analysis II
Introduction to Digital Systems
Electromagnetic Fields and applications
Modern Comp Methods (numerical methods w/ matlab)
Electronic Circuits I

Also wondering if it was worth it to take a Discrete Math class (The CS flavored one we call Computational Structures).

Physics news on Phys.org
My college doesn't allow more than 5 (about 17 credits max) courses without permission. If it's your first semester you can't prove your capable of the override.

I personally would stick with 5. Unless I misunderstood and 1 of those courses is one credit. Then you might be fine with 6.

Its 17credits and the max is 20. Its my first real semester of EE but not my first semester of college. In fact I'm taking 17cr now with no problem (well I quit my job for it), I just don't know anything about the difficulty of these classes or how long the labs take (for Digital and Circuits).

Thanks for the reply though, I actually forgot I made this topic..

Just to clarify I'm currently doing..
Calc Physics II
Calc III
Differential Equations
Statics
Intro to Engineering (bs class)

1. Will the proposed schedule be difficult to follow?

The difficulty of following a proposed schedule depends on several factors, such as the complexity of the tasks involved, the time constraints, and the individual's ability to manage their time effectively. It is important to carefully review the schedule and assess your own capabilities before determining its difficulty.

2. How can I prepare for a potentially challenging schedule?

To prepare for a challenging schedule, it is important to prioritize tasks, set realistic goals, and be organized. This can help you stay on track and manage your time more effectively. It is also important to communicate with others involved in the schedule, such as team members or supervisors, to ensure everyone is on the same page.

3. Is there any flexibility in the proposed schedule?

The level of flexibility in a proposed schedule may vary depending on the specific tasks and deadlines involved. It is important to discuss any potential conflicts or changes with those involved in creating the schedule. In some cases, it may be possible to make adjustments to the schedule to accommodate unforeseen circumstances.

4. How can I stay motivated while following a challenging schedule?

Staying motivated while following a challenging schedule can be difficult, but there are some strategies that can help. Setting small, achievable goals, taking breaks, and rewarding yourself for completing tasks can help maintain motivation. It is also important to remember the bigger picture and the importance of the tasks being completed.

5. What should I do if I am struggling to keep up with the proposed schedule?

If you are struggling to keep up with a proposed schedule, it is important to communicate this with those involved and reassess the schedule. It may be necessary to make adjustments or seek additional support. It is also important to take care of yourself and prioritize your well-being while managing a challenging schedule.