Troubleshooting Physicsforums Login Issues: Constantly Getting Logged Out

• Thread starter Kholdstare
  • Start date
In summary, users on the physicsforums website have been experiencing frequent and random logouts, with some reporting being logged out after only 0.5 - 3 minutes of being logged in. Some users have suggested checking the "remember me" box when logging in, but others have reported still being logged out even when the box is not checked. Suggestions have been made to clear cookies and cache and to remember to click the "remember me" box when logging in. Despite the issue not being fully resolved, some users have found success with these suggestions.
Kholdstare
Why physicsforums keeps logging me out? I get logged out randomly varing from 0.5 - 3 minutes. Everythime I try to post I most definitely get logged out ! :mad: When will this madness stop?

Physics news on Phys.org
When you log in, do you put a check mark in the "remember me" box?

turbo said:
When you log in, do you put a check mark in the "remember me" box?

That might help, but even if it isn't checked, it shouldn't log out users that frequently. I don't check it, and I get logged out after ~20 minutes of idle.

Kholdstare, what browser do you use? Most of the time I use Chrome.

Chrome on 7 and Safari on Mac.

I don't even click the "log out" button. Whenever I have to log out, I just click on a link and the page loads and I'm logged out. In fact, I don't even have to load any page. By the time I think I should log-out, I automatically find myself already logged out !

Kholdstare said:
I don't even click the "log out" button. Whenever I have to log out, I just click on a link and the page loads and I'm logged out. In fact, I don't even have to load any page. By the time I think I should log-out, I automatically find myself already logged out !
Are you clicking "remember me"?

May you want to log out, clear the cookies/cache and then log in and check remember me. I don't remember if there is a 'keep me logged' in box.

Thank you Evo, Turbo and Astronuc. Its working fine. (Although remember me is not supposed to work that way. But, whatever cooks my steak. haha). Probably I had forgotten this somehow the first time turbo had mentioned it. Gotta remember it from now on. !

1. Why am I constantly getting logged out of Physicsforums?

There could be several reasons for this issue. One possibility is that your login session has expired due to inactivity. Physicsforums has a security feature that automatically logs out users after a certain period of time. Another possibility is that there is a problem with your internet connection or browser settings, which is preventing you from staying logged in. Additionally, if you are using a shared computer, it is possible that someone else is logging into your account and causing you to be logged out.

2. How can I prevent getting logged out of Physicsforums?

To prevent getting logged out of Physicsforums, make sure to stay active on the site by regularly engaging in discussions or refreshing the page. You can also adjust your internet browser settings to allow cookies from Physicsforums, which will help keep you logged in. If you are using a shared computer, make sure to log out of your account when you are finished using it to prevent others from accessing your account.

3. I am having trouble logging into Physicsforums. What should I do?

If you are having trouble logging into Physicsforums, first make sure that you are using the correct login credentials. If you have forgotten your password, you can reset it by clicking on the "Forgot Password" link on the login page. If you are still unable to login, try clearing your browser's cache and cookies, or try using a different internet browser. You can also contact the Physicsforums support team for further assistance.

4. Can I stay logged in to Physicsforums on multiple devices?

Yes, you can stay logged in to Physicsforums on multiple devices as long as you are using the same login credentials. However, if you are inactive on one device for a certain period of time, you may be automatically logged out due to the security feature mentioned in the first question.

5. How can I report a persistent login issue on Physicsforums?

If you are experiencing a persistent login issue on Physicsforums, you can report it to the support team by sending an email to the designated email address listed on the website. Make sure to include a detailed description of the issue and any steps you have taken to try and resolve it. The team will investigate and provide further assistance.