It looks cooked, but comes with a warning

• Thread starter tribdog
  • Start date
In summary, there is little danger in eating raw seafood, but it's always a good idea to be safe and buy from a trusted source.
autism has been linked to mercury poisoning. that's scary.
edit:scary, definitely scary, definitely, definitely scary, scary, yeah

Physics news on Phys.org
Don't worry tribdog, you probably don't get much fresh fish in the middle of the desert. :-p

I'm eating raw seafood, remember. that's why I started this thread. you warned me to make sure it is fresh, now you are telling me I don't get fresh fish here? I said I was going to bed are you trying to make sure I have nightmares?

Nah, if I wanted to give you nightmares, perhaps I'd try repeating: tick tock tick tock tick tock

(Or is that for giving nightmares to pirates? Yaaarrrrhhhh!)

tribdog said:
did I mention how good this gum tastes?

Try the orange flavor. It's better than the mint. The only way a patch will help is if you can roll it up and smoke it. :biggrin:

how do I get the gum to quit making me sick to my stomach?

Norman said:
I grew up eating fish from the Great Lakes (I am from Green Bay originally) and in general it is ok. You do need to watch out if it becomes a staple of your diet though, but it wouldn't be any worse then eating the same amount of shark or salmon. As has already been said, children and women of child rearing age need to worry the most.

Me, too! Smoked chubs and an Old Milwaukee during a Packer game - YUMMMM! :biggrin:

Hey, Norman! Is Krolls still there?

tribdog said:
how do I get the gum to quit making me sick to my stomach?

Chew only a half piece at a time and work up to a whole one.

Does it give you the hiccups? It frequently gives me BAD hiccups and everyone at work laughs at me. :cry:

if by hiccups you mean vomitting all over the Chevron parking lot when I'm getting gas in the morning then yeah. I get the hiccups bad.

Tsu said:
Chew only a half piece at a time and work up to a whole one.

Isn't the point to work your way down to less gum, not up to more? If a half of a piece works, do you really need to work back up to a whole piece? I've watched people quit cold turkey, and I swear, it didn't seem as bad as this gum stuff. They were miserable for about a week, and had cravings a lot longer, but none of this nausea, vomiting, hiccups stuff. Are you sure these gum manufacturers want you to break the habit? Afterall, they won't make any more money once you've broken your addiction to the gum.

I don't really like to eat frozen fish. When I tried it, it was kinda hard.

Tsu said:
Me, too! Smoked chubs and an Old Milwaukee during a Packer game - YUMMMM! :biggrin:

Hey, Norman! Is Krolls still there?

I believe it still is. I am in Milwaukee now, and only get home everyonce in a while, but I cannot imagine Krolls ever going away. Now I am thinking about a krolls burger. Maybe I will go up to GB this weekend...

What's Krolls?

It is a restaurant with "famous" burgers. Famous in the sense that anyone from the area has been there. It is one of the spots where all the locals go.

Ooh, cool. I'll have to make a mental note of it in case I'm ever in the area.