Is 2.6x10^9C a Plausible Answer for a Pith Ball Electrostatics Problem?

• Thread starter Procrastinate
  • Start date
In summary, "Just Checking Whether This Answer is Right" serves the purpose of verifying the accuracy of an answer, commonly used in educational settings. It differs from a regular answer check as it is a quick check without providing explanations or feedback. It can be used in all fields of science and can be used alongside other methods of checking answers. The benefits of using it include saving time and effort and improving understanding and retention of information.
Procrastinate
A pith ball of mass 0.15mg is suspended off a massless string as shown below. The string is 30cm long.

PhysicsDIagram.jpg

Apparently the answer is 2.6x10^9C but I got 2.6x10^-9C.

I don't want a solution or anything, I just want to see whether their answer is correct or not and if whether anyone could verify that for me.

Thanks in advance.

Physics news on Phys.org
seems a typo, you're answer is right

Note the magnitude of the answer: 2.6 billionth of a coulomb. In electrostatics questions, any answer bigger than several millionths of a coulomb is almost certain to be wrong.

FAQ: Is 2.6x10^9C a Plausible Answer for a Pith Ball Electrostatics Problem?

What is the purpose of "Just Checking Whether This Answer is Right"?

The purpose of "Just Checking Whether This Answer is Right" is to verify the accuracy of an answer. It is commonly used in educational settings to ensure that students have understood the material correctly.

How is "Just Checking Whether This Answer is Right" different from a regular answer check?

"Just Checking Whether This Answer is Right" is typically used as a quick check to see if an answer is correct, without providing an explanation or feedback. A regular answer check often includes providing an explanation or feedback to help the person understand why their answer is right or wrong.

Is "Just Checking Whether This Answer is Right" used in all fields of science?

Yes, "Just Checking Whether This Answer is Right" can be used in all fields of science. It is a universal method for verifying the accuracy of an answer.

Can "Just Checking Whether This Answer is Right" be used in conjunction with other methods of checking answers?

Yes, "Just Checking Whether This Answer is Right" can be used in conjunction with other methods of checking answers, such as providing explanations or feedback. It can also be used as a first step in the checking process before using more thorough methods.

What are the benefits of using "Just Checking Whether This Answer is Right"?

"Just Checking Whether This Answer is Right" can save time and effort by quickly identifying incorrect answers. It can also help improve understanding and retention of information by providing immediate feedback on the accuracy of an answer.