Just popping in to say hi again, it's been some time since I have

• Thread starter Kerrie
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Hi Time
In summary, Kerrie is back after a long absence and is happy to see familiar names on the forum. She has re-enrolled in college to study accounting and is looking forward to participating more in discussions. Her family is doing well, with her youngest being almost 5 years old. Everyone is glad to have her back on the forum!
Kerrie
Staff Emeritus
Gold Member
Just popping into say hi again, it's been some time since I have posted here. I see a lot of familiar names and it is good to "see" everyone! Since I have last visited, I re-enrolled in college and am studying accounting (a far stretch from philosophy!). Hopefully will be around more as I am currently not working, lots of great topics going on :0)

Physics news on Phys.org

Yay!111 Hi Kerrie! Welcome back! I'm not here a whole lot myself, but it's good to 'see' you! *hug*

Hey, Kerrie! Nice to hear from you!

Welcome back Kerrie! How's the family?

Family is well, my youngest is almost 5, middle is 10, oldest is 13. Glad everyone remembers me lol. Looking forward to participating more again!

Hi Kerry! Good to see you are doing well :smile:

It is great to have you back.. and hard to believe your youngest is five already!

So nice to get a up date Kerrie. I'm with Ivan, it could not of been 5 years ago that our first PF baby was born. Time is starting to fly by. Always great to have you around.

Welcome back, Kerrie!:smile:

1. What does it mean when someone says "just popping in to say hi again"?

When someone says "just popping in to say hi again", it means that they are saying hello or greeting someone they have not spoken to in a while. It is a casual way of reconnecting with someone.

2. How long is "some time" in this context?

The phrase "some time" is relative and can vary depending on the context and the person using it. It could mean a few days, weeks, or even months.

3. Is there a specific reason behind using this phrase?

The phrase "just popping in to say hi again" is often used as a friendly and informal way of reconnecting with someone. It may also be used to show that the person is making an effort to stay in touch or maintain a relationship.

4. What is the tone of this phrase?

The tone of this phrase is generally friendly and casual. It is a way of reaching out to someone without being too formal or serious.

5. Is it appropriate to use this phrase in a professional setting?

It would depend on the context and the relationship between the individuals involved. In a professional setting, it may be more appropriate to use a more formal greeting or simply say hello without using the phrase "just popping in to say hi again".