Laplace Transform Homework Solutions Check

In summary, the two individuals discussed their attempts at solving two different equations, with the first equation resulting in the same answer for both parties. The second equation, however, had different results and one individual asked the other to show their work for clarification.
noreturn2

Homework Statement

gr9fpdM.png

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

1. I got Y(s) = (15s +18)/(5s^2+s-2)

2. I got Y(s) = (7s - 7iw + 1)/((s+4)(5 - iw))

Was just wanting to make sure I solved these right. I would type it out but without formating, it will look messy.

Attachments

• gr9fpdM.png
    gr9fpdM.png
    8.6 KB · Views: 698
Physics news on Phys.org
noreturn2 said:

Homework Statement

View attachment 224321

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

1. I got Y(s) = (15s +18)/(5s^2+s-2)

2. I got Y(s) = (7s - 7iw + 1)/((s+4)(5 - iw))

Was just wanting to make sure I solved these right. I would type it out but without formating, it will look messy.
I got the same as what you have for #1. Can you show your work for #2?

a6fea26b-c651-45c7-a73f-078346d087d5
34DGTLn.png

Attachments

• 34DGTLn.png
    34DGTLn.png
    50.4 KB · Views: 255

1. What is a Laplace transform?

A Laplace transform is a mathematical operation that converts a function of time to a function of complex frequency. It is used to solve differential equations and analyze the behavior of systems in the frequency domain.

2. Why is a Laplace transform useful?

A Laplace transform is useful because it simplifies the process of solving differential equations. It replaces the time domain representation of a function with a complex frequency domain representation, making it easier to analyze and manipulate the function mathematically.

3. How do you perform a Laplace transform?

To perform a Laplace transform, you first need to determine the Laplace transform of the function you are working with. This involves applying the Laplace transform formula, which is an integral of the function with respect to time. Once you have the Laplace transform, you can use tables or algebraic techniques to simplify and solve the transformed function.

4. What is the Laplace transform homework solutions check?

The Laplace transform homework solutions check is a process used to verify the accuracy of solutions to Laplace transform homework problems. It involves applying the Laplace transform to the original function and comparing it to the given solution to ensure they match.

5. How can I improve my understanding of Laplace transforms?

To improve your understanding of Laplace transforms, you can practice solving problems, review and understand the underlying mathematical concepts, and seek help from a teacher or tutor if needed. You can also explore real-world applications of Laplace transforms to see how they are used in various fields of science and engineering.