Large file that i have scanned

• Thread starter wolram
  • Start date
  • Tags
    File
In summary, the conversation suggests several ways to share a large scanned file on a forum. These include uploading it to a hosting site and posting a link, cutting and pasting relevant parts into separate posts, or using an OCR program to convert the scanned text into editable text. The use of keyboard shortcuts for copying and pasting is also mentioned.
wolram
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
hi, i have a large file that i have scaned into MY DOCUMENTS is there a way i can show parts or the whole to a forum, ie cut paste
cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
Computer science news on Phys.org
How big?

You could upload it somewhere and post with a link, to allow us to download it...

Or you could just cut and paste relevant parts of the document into separate posts. If you don't know how to cut and paste:

Select text
Press Ctrl+C
Click where you want to paste text (ie, create new post page)
Press Ctrl+V

Or you can select, go to Edit -> Copy, then click where you want to paste and go Edit-> Paste

You could resize it or compress it.

If it's an image you would have to upload it to a host site then link to it as an image in the forum. If you just want to show the text use an OCR program. One might have come with your scanner but you can download a good one at www.simpleocr.com

I've used this one a couple of times and it seems to work well with an intuitive interface. It also retains graphics and layout from the original image.

Raavin :)

1. What is a "large file" in terms of scanning?

A large file refers to a digital document or image that is significantly larger in file size compared to other files. This can be due to a high resolution or a large number of pages.

2. Why do large files take longer to scan?

Large files take longer to scan because they contain more data and require more processing power and memory to be scanned accurately. This can also depend on the quality and speed of the scanner being used.

3. How can I reduce the size of a large scanned file?

There are a few ways to reduce the size of a large scanned file. One option is to lower the resolution of the scan, which will decrease the quality but also reduce the file size. Another option is to compress the file using software or online tools.

4. Can a large scanned file be edited or manipulated?

Yes, a large scanned file can be edited or manipulated using image editing software such as Adobe Photoshop or GIMP. However, the file may take longer to open and process due to its size.

5. How should I store and manage large scanned files?

It is recommended to store and manage large scanned files in a dedicated folder or external hard drive to keep them organized and easily accessible. It is also important to regularly back up these files to prevent loss of important information.