Latex editors that can treat fractions

  • Topic: LaTeX 
  • Thread starter Thread starter RedX
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Fractions Latex
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
RedX
Messages
963
Reaction score
3
Is there a free LaTex editor where you can click on a fraction button, and the fraction bar appears along with two empty boxes on top of and below it, representing the numerator and denominator?

The LaTex editors that I've seen, when you click on the fraction button, just produce this:

\frac{}{}

But I want a graphical:

box
------
box

where I can type what I want in the boxes, and then let the program generate the LaTex markup code \frac{content}{content} from what I entered into the graphical boxes.

It's just time-consuming when in generating long lines of markup code you have to keep track of what's nested in what.
 
Physics news on Phys.org