LaTeX in Blogs: Sharing Equations and Formulas Explained

• LaTeX
  • Thread starter nrqed
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Latex
In summary, the conversation discusses the use of LaTeX in blogs and the confusion surrounding it. The speaker has noticed that the equations they see in blog posts are the same as ones previously used by others, leading them to wonder if the equations are being generated by their own computer. They ask for clarification on the situation and are directed to a helpful resource. It is concluded that LaTeX cannot be used in blogs and an alternative method is suggested.
nrqed
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Gold Member
I apologize if this has been answered already or if it does not belong here, but I have a question about LaTeX in blogs.

At some point, someone (prevect? or Robphy? I am not sure) posted a blog entry saying that LaTeX now worked and a couple of equations were shown.
Now I posted an entry and tried a few formula, but what comes out when the entry is viewed is actually exactly the same equations that I had seen on the post by Prevect or Robphy! Not only that, but these look like equations that I myself have used in some post in the past (and they are not common equations, they are from differential geometry. Since Prevect and Robphy know GR, I was not surprised to see these equations in their blogs, but now I am a bit confused).

I am starting to wonder if the equations I see in th eblog entries are not being generated by my own computer somehow.

Anyway, can someone let me know what the situation is with posting LaTeX stuff on the blogs?

Thanks

Physics news on Phys.org
You could use my extension & link to the images instead...

What is LaTeX and why is it useful for blogs?

LaTeX is a typesetting language used for creating documents with complex mathematical equations and formulas. It is useful for blogs because it allows for easy formatting and sharing of equations and formulas without the need for specialized software.

How do I use LaTeX in my blog posts?

To use LaTeX in your blog posts, you will first need to install a LaTeX plugin or extension for your blogging platform. Then, you can use LaTeX commands within your blog post editor to format and display equations and formulas.

Do I need to have a background in programming to use LaTeX in my blog?

No, you do not need to have a background in programming to use LaTeX in your blog. However, having a basic understanding of LaTeX syntax can make it easier to use and format equations and formulas in your blog posts.

Can LaTeX be used for other types of content besides equations and formulas?

Yes, LaTeX can be used for other types of content such as tables, graphs, and even regular text. It is a versatile language that can be used for a wide range of document formatting needs.

Are there any drawbacks to using LaTeX in my blog posts?

One potential drawback of using LaTeX in blog posts is that it may take some time to learn and become comfortable with the syntax. Additionally, some readers may not be familiar with LaTeX and may have difficulty understanding the equations and formulas in your posts.