Latex Posting Issues - Waiting Too Long?

• LaTeX
  • Thread starter DaveC426913
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Issues Latex
In summary, latex posting issues are caused by a lack of timely action from the publisher or editor, which can result in delays and affect the overall publication process. There is no set timeframe for how long is too long to wait for a response, but it is recommended to follow up after 2-3 weeks. To avoid these issues, it is important to carefully review submission guidelines and regularly communicate with the publisher or editor. If these issues occur, they can be resolved by discussing them with the publisher or editor. However, it is crucial to address and resolve them as soon as possible to avoid negative impacts on the publication.
DaveC426913
Gold Member
I must be doing something wrong. Every time I try to post some Latex it never shows up; I always get the 'broken image' image.

[tex]\alpha\beta\gamma\delta[/tex]

[ EDITED to work correctly ]

Even if I get the syntax wrong, it should still show up, right? That doesn't cause an error.

Am I not waiting long enough? Is 20 minutes long enough?

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
[tex]\alpha \beta \gamma[/tex]

Hmm I get it ti work with [ tex ] tags.

slaps forehead. OK, maybe I've been confusing two unrelated problems. Thanks.

1. What causes latex posting issues?

Latex posting issues are often caused by a lack of timely action or response from the publisher or editor. This can result in delays in the publication process.

2. How long is too long to wait for a response?

There is no specific time frame for how long is too long to wait for a response, as it can vary depending on the publisher or editor. However, it is generally recommended to follow up after 2-3 weeks of no response.

3. What can be done to avoid these issues?

To avoid latex posting issues, it is important to carefully review the submission guidelines and adhere to them. It is also helpful to regularly communicate with the publisher or editor and follow up in a timely manner.

4. Can these issues be resolved once they occur?

Yes, latex posting issues can be resolved even after they occur. It is important to communicate with the publisher or editor and discuss any delays or issues that may have occurred. They may be able to provide a solution or alternative course of action.

5. How can these issues affect the overall publication process?

Latex posting issues can significantly delay the publication process and may even result in rejection of the submission. It is important to address and resolve these issues as soon as possible to avoid any negative impact on the publication.