Math Fonts for Latex Presentations: What's the Best Combination?

• LaTeX
  • Thread starter DrDu
  • Start date
  • Tags
    latex
In summary, it is recommended to use sans serif fonts for text in presentations but standard fonts with serifs are often used in equations to distinguish variables and matrices. However, some prefer to use the same math style in presentations as in articles. It is also common to use a ##\LaTeX## equation editor for math in presentations, which typesets equations in computer modern font.
DrDu
Science Advisor
I have a question on math fonts to be used in presentations.
It is recommended to use sans serif fonts for text in presentations.
However, in equations, standard font has serifes. Now, I understand that
serifes are used to distinguish e.g. variables and matrices in math.
What is your preferred combination of math and text fonts for presentations?

Physics news on Phys.org
I use the same math style in presentations as in articles because - in my opinion - it is much nicer.

Who cares, nobody ever reads equations on slides anyway! ;)

Seriously, I'm with Zoli. I use Keynote for my presentations, which doesn't even include an equation editor, but use a ##\LaTeX## equation editor for the math and paste it into the slides. The equations are therefore typeset in computer modern and it looks fine (although you have to be careful about resolution, as some characters can have pretty thin parts).

1. What are "math fonts" for Latex presentations?

"Math fonts" refer to the specific fonts used for mathematical equations and symbols in Latex presentations. These fonts are designed to display mathematical symbols clearly and accurately.

2. Why is it important to choose the best combination of math fonts for Latex presentations?

Choosing the best combination of math fonts is important because it can greatly enhance the readability and visual appeal of your presentation. It can also ensure that your mathematical equations and symbols are displayed correctly.

3. What factors should I consider when choosing a combination of math fonts for Latex presentations?

When choosing a combination of math fonts, you should consider factors such as readability, compatibility with your document class, and the overall aesthetic of your presentation. It's also important to make sure that the fonts you choose are easily accessible and can be viewed by your audience.

4. What are some commonly used math font combinations for Latex presentations?

Some commonly used math font combinations for Latex presentations include Computer Modern and Latin Modern, Times and Symbol, and Palatino and Euler. It's also common to mix serif and sans-serif fonts for a more visually interesting presentation.

5. Can I use any math fonts for my Latex presentation?

While Latex does offer a wide range of math fonts, it's important to choose fonts that are compatible with the Latex package you are using and that can be easily accessed by your audience. It's also important to make sure that the fonts you choose are appropriate for academic or professional presentations.