Professor Balakrishnan's Quantum & Classical Physics Lectures: Worth a Watch!

In summary, Professor Balakrishnan has posted lectures on both quantum physics and classical physics that are highly recommended for viewing. He is a skilled lecturer and the lectures are not introductory, but can be found on the YouTube channel for NPTELHRD. The lectures are also available on CosmoLearning and feature an excellent resource for learning advanced physics. The title of this thread has been updated to give credit to Professor Balakrishnan and I.I.T. and has been moved to the Advanced Physics Learning Materials forum.
alemsalem
These are professor Balakrishnan's quantum physics lectures, he also has classical physics lectures, they're worth watching,, he's good..

Enjoy ^_''

Edit: These are not very introductory, for that you can see Susskind's Lectures, or something else you might find..

Physics news on Phys.org

Is there a link you forgot to post?

I just picked one at random and got the lecture on scattering from a potential well. Prof. Balakrishnan seems to be a very good lecturer.

the_house said:

This is great! I checked a couple out, looks like an excellent resource. Hard to stop watching him.

FYI, the intro music in the videos lasts about the first 1 minute, if you wish to skip it.

p.s. I have rewritten the title to this thread to give prominent credit to Prof. Balakrishnan and I.I.T., and moved the thread to our Advanced Physics Learning Materials forum.

Last edited:

Thanks for this great share!

1. What topics are covered in Professor Balakrishnan's lectures?

Professor Balakrishnan's lectures cover a range of topics in both quantum and classical physics, including quantum mechanics, electromagnetism, statistical mechanics, and thermodynamics.

2. Are these lectures suitable for all levels of understanding?

These lectures are designed for individuals with a basic understanding of physics, but can also be helpful for those with more advanced knowledge looking for a refresher or different perspective.

3. How long are the lectures?

The lectures vary in length, but on average are around 1-2 hours long.

4. Can I access the lectures for free?

Yes, these lectures are available for free on various online platforms such as YouTube and iTunes.

5. What makes Professor Balakrishnan's lectures worth watching?

Professor Balakrishnan is a highly respected and knowledgeable physicist with a talent for explaining complex concepts in a clear and engaging manner. His lectures are also known for their use of visual aids and real-world examples to enhance understanding.