Secure a Seat on the New Planet: What You Need to Know

• Thread starter wolram
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Planet
In summary: The planet is doomed, how do you make sure you get one of the limited seats to the new planet.Telephone sanitizers, TV directors and marketing consultants to the first Ark.The quality must be very good. Afghani?Yes, must be a hybrid. Anyways, yeah...wow.The planet is doomed, how do you make sure you get one of the limited seats to the new planet.I'm a capitalist - I'll own the spaceship.How much dope do you smoke when you come up with these wacky thread ideas?I smoke a lot of dope when I come up with my wacky thread ideas.
wolram
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
The planet is doomed, how do you make sure you get one of the limited seats to the new planet.

A person who knows how to smelt iron may be chosen over one that knows how to split atoms, and a person who can build a wind mill may be chosen over one that can build a computer, but then who knows.

Earth sciences news on Phys.org
How much dope do you smoke when you come up with these wacky thread ideas?

The quality must be very good. Afghani?

Yes, must be a hybrid. Anyways, yeah...wow.

wolram said:
The planet is doomed, how do you make sure you get one of the limited seats to the new planet.
Telephone sanitizers, TV directors and marketing consultants to the first Ark.

wolram said:
I'm a capitalist - I'll own the spaceship.

Cyrus said:
How much dope do you smoke when you come up with these wacky thread ideas?

The quality must be very good. Afghani?

Drug dealers have no chance, sorry Cyrus.

I'll just strip naked, grab a football, and convince all the men they couldn't bear to blast off into space without me. :biggrin:

While all of the men are diverted by Moonbear, Evo loads the fruitbat and Dr Foofer into the Rocket Ship and blasts off.

Only too late does she realize that Wolram designed the rocket and forgot that there was no destination, and no way to re-enter the Earth's atmosphere without incinerating. :cry:

Luckliy Dr Foofer is able to rig a transporter up at the very last second and we are all safely transported back to Earth.

The End.

Last edited:
Evo said:
Evo loads the fruitbat and Dr Foofer into the Rocket Ship and blasts off.
Only to discover that the rocket ship is on a treadmill and so can't get airborne!

Wow Evo, that's just as weird! Dr Foofer?

mgb_phys said:
Only to discover that the rocket ship is on a treadmill and so can't get airborne!
Oh, well, yeah, and we realize that we are on a treadmill still on Earth and Dr Foofer's transporter doesn't really work. :redface:

Hey, he's just a cat that watched a lot of Star Trek, what did you expect?

doomed...

wolram said:

A person who knows how to smelt iron may be chosen over one that knows how to split atoms, and a person who can build a wind mill may be chosen over one that can build a computer, but then who knows.

I think anyone who can split atoms can figure out how to smelt iron or build windmills.

Ivan Seeking said:
I think anyone who can split atoms can figure out how to smelt iron or build windmills.
And maybe start a fire?

I'm the only person to have successfully made love in zero G. If its a generation ship, I have to be there.

By the time they find out I was lying its too late. muahaha :devil:

Last edited:
Evo said:
And maybe start a fire?

Oh an even better excuse. I have a box of matches. :approve:

Evo said:
While all of the men are diverted by Moonbear, Evo loads the fruitbat and Dr Foofer into the Rocket Ship and blasts off.

Only too late does she realize that Wolram designed the rocket and forgot that there was no destination, and no way to re-enter the Earth's atmosphere without incinerating. :cry:

Luckliy Dr Foofer is able to rig a transporter up at the very last second and we are all safely transported back to Earth.

The End.
That is just cruel, i would let you lot board the dummy ship and then nip off in the real one.

wolram said:
That is just cruel, i would let you lot board the dummy ship and then nip off in the real one.
:cry:

Ivan Seeking said:
May be they could, but a true foundry man would be making implements by the they have.

wolram said:

There is one critical piece of info you need to supply:

What process is used to make the determination?
Adjudicated vote?
Popular vote?
Committee?
Audition?

I think it would have to be a Committee, and their findings not issued until the last minute.

If it was a real committee, they wouldn't reveal their findings until long after they were needed.

I don't want to play. :cry: I played this game with my friends many years ago. (actually, the opposite of this game - a sort of one-of-you-has-to-go musical chairs survival scenario)

Each of them, one after another, for various reasons, voted me the first one to go.

What a bunch of stupidheads.

May be you would have a chance dave, unlike Poop-Loops.

Poop-Loops said:
If it was a real committee, they wouldn't reveal their findings until long after they were needed.

:rofl:

wolram said:
May be you would have a chance dave, unlike Poop-Loops.

Oh please. I wouldn't rely on chance. I'd take your seat.

wolram said:
I think it would have to be a Committee, and their findings not issued until the last minute.

Who gets to pick the committee.? Can committee members vote themselves onboard?

We may already have a problem Houston.:wink:

I can refold a map.

Poop-Loops said:
Oh please. I wouldn't rely on chance. I'd take your seat.

Just as i suspected, the aggression has started , well no it really started with the capitalist.

ROFL.

Edward is out, jimmy is on the short list.

Last edited:
The spaceship will need a website. I'm a shoe-in.

Thats just 2 possibles so far jimmy and Dave.

I probably helped design it, you'd better bring me along! You might need a spare...

wolram said:
Thats just 2 possibles so far jimmy and Dave.

Wow, tough crowd when a naked woman can't talk her way onto a spaceship.

Okay, I'm really good at tending and breeding animals and can do a fair job of butchering and cooking them too. Wherever you land, you might need some help growing food (you might be tempted to bring along Turbo too, but do you really think a confined space with limited toilets is the place for him to serve his famous habanero relish?)

Greg Freeman said:
I probably helped design it, you'd better bring me along! You might need a spare...

If you get through the survival test.

Does it require dancing skills? I'd so win