Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

List of moderators?

1. Jun 1, 2007 #1

Chris Hillman

Science Advisor

Last edited: Jun 1, 2007
  2. jcsd
  3. Jun 1, 2007 #2

Doc Al

Staff: Mentor

Both pervect and jtbell are missing from this list.

4. Jun 1, 2007 #3

Chris Hillman

Science Advisor

Thanks for pointing out the other ommision, Doc Al!

Admins, I really think its very important to keep this list up to date! I can't understand how this happened.

5. Jun 1, 2007 #4

cristo

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

IIRC, I remember a post (maybe from an admin) advising that only moderators that were given a particular forum to "look after" showed up on the moderator's list available by clicking on the staff button-- i.e. "floating" moderators do not show up on the list.

6. Jun 1, 2007 #5

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Us "floaters" do show up now...apparently the mentor's private forum needs a LOT of moderating. :biggrin: Those of us who float show up as mentor's for the mentor's forum...that was what Greg figured out as a solution to that problem.

7. Jun 1, 2007 #6

cristo

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

Hmm.. it appears that's only visible to you mentors though. You (Moonbear) and others (pervect, jtbell) don't appear on the "staff" list to us normal folk!!

8. Jun 1, 2007 #7

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

jtbell and pervect don't show up for me either. I don't think Greg had a chance to update it since they joined (though I thought he had added jtbell to it when he added berkeman since they were appointed as mentors pretty close to the same time).

You can't see those of us listed as mentoring the mentors? :frown: So that means you don't see Vanesch on there either? And we thought we finally figured a way around that problem. Phooey! Maybe Greg should list all us floaters as mentors for Feedback, since that's at least visible. :rolleyes:

9. Jun 2, 2007 #8

loseyourname

Staff Emeritus
    Gold Member

The floating mentors now show up as moderating the Forum Feedback and Suggestions forum. Can everyone else see that?

10. Jun 2, 2007 #9

cristo

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

Yup, sure can. Thanks.

11. Jun 2, 2007 #10

Chris Hillman

Science Advisor

Progress!

I see it! Thanks!

12. Jun 3, 2007 #11

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Yay! Good fix! :biggrin:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?