Official Moderator List for PhysicsForums: Up to Date Info & Updates

• Thread starter Chris Hillman
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the need for an updated, official list of moderators on the Physics Forums website. It is pointed out that some moderators, including pervect and jtbell, are missing from the current list. The issue is eventually resolved by adding the floating mentors as moderators for the Forum Feedback and Suggestions forum.
Chris Hillman
Science Advisor
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Both pervect and jtbell are missing from this list.

Thanks for pointing out the other ommision, Doc Al!

Admins, I really think its very important to keep this list up to date! I can't understand how this happened.

IIRC, I remember a post (maybe from an admin) advising that only moderators that were given a particular forum to "look after" showed up on the moderator's list available by clicking on the staff button-- i.e. "floating" moderators do not show up on the list.

Us "floaters" do show up now...apparently the mentor's private forum needs a LOT of moderating. :biggrin: Those of us who float show up as mentor's for the mentor's forum...that was what Greg figured out as a solution to that problem.

Moonbear said:
Us "floaters" do show up now...apparently the mentor's private forum needs a LOT of moderating. :biggrin: Those of us who float show up as mentor's for the mentor's forum...that was what Greg figured out as a solution to that problem.

Hmm.. it appears that's only visible to you mentors though. You (Moonbear) and others (pervect, jtbell) don't appear on the "staff" list to us normal folk!

jtbell and pervect don't show up for me either. I don't think Greg had a chance to update it since they joined (though I thought he had added jtbell to it when he added berkeman since they were appointed as mentors pretty close to the same time).

You can't see those of us listed as mentoring the mentors? :frown: So that means you don't see Vanesch on there either? And we thought we finally figured a way around that problem. Phooey! Maybe Greg should list all us floaters as mentors for Feedback, since that's at least visible. :rolleyes:

The floating mentors now show up as moderating the Forum Feedback and Suggestions forum. Can everyone else see that?

Yup, sure can. Thanks.

Progress!

loseyourname said:
The floating mentors now show up as moderating the Forum Feedback and Suggestions forum. Can everyone else see that?

I see it! Thanks!

Yay! Good fix! :biggrin:

What is the purpose of the Official Moderator List for PhysicsForums?

The Official Moderator List for PhysicsForums serves as a comprehensive and up-to-date resource for members to know who the current moderators are for the forum. It also includes information on their areas of expertise and their contact information.

How often is the Official Moderator List for PhysicsForums updated?

The list is updated regularly to ensure that it reflects the most current information. New moderators are added as needed and any changes to existing moderators' information are also updated promptly.

Are all moderators listed on the Official Moderator List for PhysicsForums active?

Not all moderators listed may be active at any given time. Some moderators may take breaks or step down from their roles, but they will still be listed on the official list until they are officially replaced by new moderators.

How can I contact a moderator from the Official Moderator List for PhysicsForums?

Each moderator's contact information, such as their email address or private messaging link, is included on the list. Members can use this information to reach out to them for any questions or concerns they may have.

Can I request to become a moderator through the Official Moderator List for PhysicsForums?

No, the Official Moderator List for PhysicsForums is not a platform for requesting to become a moderator. The forum's administrators carefully select and appoint new moderators based on their qualifications and the needs of the forum.