Loading reaction with shear and bending moment diagrams

In summary, the conversation discusses determining the reaction of supports on a beam that is holding a motor vehicle with a wheel base of 3m. The front wheels of the vehicle have a weight of 6kn and the rear wheels have a weight of 8kn. The vehicle is being raised vertically by 2.25m in 45 seconds and the power of the electric motor required for this task is being calculated. The equation used to calculate the reaction of the supports takes into account the moments about the right-hand support and uses the length of the beam (4.5) and a generic number (9.8). The conversation also mentions using the equations of static equilibrium and considering the weight of the beam itself in order to get
donniemateno
a motor vehicle has a wheel base of 3m. four posta ramp with two wheels each side. ramps front wheels have 6kn and rear 8kn. determine the reaction of the supports on the beam?

vehicle is raised 2.25 m vertically this is done in 45 seconds calculate power of electric motor required use assumptions and a single phase motor running at 3000rpm is used for the task what torque output is required from motor.? sorri for fuzzy diagram bad camera fone

i worked out correct me if I am wrong using a example i have (1.5 x 8) + (4.5 x 9.8 ) = 56.1 Divided by 4 equals 14.025KN. i have no idea where to go from here

Attachments

• DSC00138.jpg
    DSC00138.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 506
Physics news on Phys.org
Please explain the basis of the equation. I can see that 1.5x8 is possibly taking moments about RH support, but I cannot reconcile 4.5x9.8 with that. In any case, if you want reactions, you can get them by taking moments. An engineer wanting an assurance that the answer is correct might take moments about two separate points, and then solve the two simultaneous equations, and then use sum loads = sum reactions as a check.

the 4.5 is the total length like i had in my worked example. but i didnt no where the 9.8 came from in my example so i thought it was a generic number

To answer the first part of the question, state the equations of static equilibrium, and then apply them to this case. Have you revealed the whole question? Is the weight of the beam itself significant?

1. What is a loading reaction?

A loading reaction refers to the force or forces that are generated at a support point in a structure due to the external loads acting on the structure.

2. How are shear and bending moment diagrams related to loading reaction?

Shear and bending moment diagrams are an essential tool for analyzing the loading reactions in a structure. They show the variation of shear and bending moment at different points along the structure and help determine the magnitude and direction of the forces at the support points.

3. What are the differences between shear and bending moment diagrams?

Shear diagrams show the variation of shear forces along the structure, while bending moment diagrams show the variation of bending moments. Shear forces refer to the internal forces that cause a structure to slide or shear, while bending moments refer to the internal forces that cause a structure to bend or twist.

4. How do you draw shear and bending moment diagrams?

To draw shear and bending moment diagrams, you first need to calculate the external loads and reactions acting on the structure. Then, you can use equations and diagrams to determine the shear and bending moment at different points along the structure. Finally, you can plot the values on a graph to create the shear and bending moment diagrams.

5. Why are shear and bending moment diagrams important in structural analysis?

Shear and bending moment diagrams are crucial for understanding the behavior of a structure under external loads. They help engineers and scientists design safe and efficient structures by providing information on the magnitude and distribution of forces within the structure. They also aid in identifying potential weak points or areas in a structure that may require reinforcement.