Logic Quiz

• Thread starter Evo
  • Start date
___
moose said:

EDIT: I'm just pretending that the difference (them crashing into each other) doesn't matter.

YA, thats my point.

hypnagogue
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Evo said:
4. What is the largest possible number you can write using only 2 digits - just 2 digits, nothing else?
I'd argue that there is no largest possible number you can write using only 2 digits, since the base hasn't been specified. For instance, in a hexadecimal base, f^f > 9^9. And of course you could come up with any arbitrary base-x number system and make arbitrarily larger numbers using only two digits.

Yes, and using all sorts of other definitions of "digit" besides just "0 to 9" we can interpret it in even more ways. The case of non-decimal numeric bases was addressed. My Webster has a few more definitions.

Def. #3: a finger or toe.

Using only ONE digit I can write pretty much whatever I want in the sand. Let me loose with TWO of them now and watch out!

Def. #4: the breadth of a finger used as a unit of linear measure, usu. equal to 3/4 of an inch (2 cm).

Using only 1.5 inches or 4 cm, I can write whatever will fit in this space.

:rofl:

matthyaouw
Gold Member
My guess was 22:blushing:

When the two planes meet, they are nose to nose, so the tail end of the Paris plane is closer, hence it is closer.

daveb said:
When the two planes meet, they are nose to nose, so the tail end of the Paris plane is closer, hence it is closer.
Depends on your definition of "meet" :redface:

These questions are far too subjective