Looking for a bunch of solved Sympy problems (Calculus)

In summary, the speaker had no prior knowledge of coding in Python but has since completed an online course on functions, loops, and strings. However, they did not practice using the Sympy library in the course and are now looking for resources to practice using Sympy for solving problems in Physics-Math. They are seeking suggestions for a collection of solved problems in Calculus I and II that use Sympy for practice. The speaker has come across a book called 'Doing Math with Python' and welcomes any other suggestions.
JD_PM
Homework Statement
Please see image
Relevant Equations
Please see image
Two weeks ago I had no idea on how to code using Python. Now I have completed an online course on functions, loops and strings. However, in that course I did not practice using the specific library called Sympy. Besides, I will use Python in the Physics-Math background, for solving problems like this one:

Screenshot (271).png

Screenshot (272).png
Screenshot (273).png

So I am wondering if you know about any collection of solved problems in Calculus I and II (vector calculus) using Sympy for practicing (so as to know how to solve an equation using Sympy, how to numerically evaluate their solutions, verify that there exists only one real solution...).

Thanks

Physics news on Phys.org
I have found a book called 'Doing Math with Python'. It seems cool.

Any suggestion is welcomed.

1. What is Sympy and how is it used in calculus?

Sympy is a Python library for symbolic mathematics. It allows users to manipulate mathematical expressions, perform algebraic operations, and solve equations. In calculus, Sympy can be used to find derivatives, integrals, limits, and solve differential equations.

2. How can I find a collection of solved Sympy problems for calculus?

There are many online resources that provide a collection of solved Sympy problems for calculus. Some popular options include the Sympy documentation, online forums, and educational websites such as Khan Academy and Brilliant.

3. Can Sympy be used for both single and multivariable calculus?

Yes, Sympy can be used for both single and multivariable calculus. It has functions and methods specifically designed for solving problems in both types of calculus, such as diff() for derivatives and integrate() for integrals.

4. Is Sympy a reliable tool for solving calculus problems?

Yes, Sympy is a reliable tool for solving calculus problems. It is widely used by mathematicians, scientists, and engineers for its accuracy and efficiency in solving various mathematical problems. However, it is always important to double-check the results obtained from any software or tool.

5. Can Sympy be used for advanced calculus topics such as vector calculus and differential geometry?

Yes, Sympy can be used for advanced calculus topics such as vector calculus and differential geometry. It has functions and methods that can handle vector operations, tensor calculus, and other advanced mathematical concepts. However, some topics may require additional modules or packages to be imported into Sympy.