Looking for online Thermodynamics book or extended review

In summary, the conversation was about finding online resources for physics, specifically a post that was mentioned but could not be found. The person was looking for a good thermodynamics review, preferably free and online, to supplement their Physical Chemistry class. They mentioned using notes from a Princeton website for a previous class.
el_hijoeputa
Hello. A long time ago there was a post here of all the resources that we can find online for physics. I tried to find it searching a little bit, with no luck. Anyway, if someone know about that post, let me know,

What I'm interested in is in a good thermodynamics review (or summary (?)). If it is available online (free) it would be better. I joined a class of Physical Chemistry, and I need a quick but in depth review of thermodynamics.

Physics news on Phys.org
I love hyperphysics for concise overviews of lots of topics.

Last semester I used notes from http://pupgg.princeton.edu/~groth/phy301f05/index.html at Princeton to supplement my study with Kittel and Kroemer.

Hope these might help, there is plenty out there though.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hello there,

Thank you for reaching out and expressing your interest in finding an online thermodynamics book or extended review. I understand the importance of having reliable and accessible resources for our studies and research.

I did a quick search and found some great online resources for thermodynamics. One option is the OpenStax Thermodynamics textbook, which is available for free online. It covers all the main topics in thermodynamics, including energy, entropy, and thermodynamic equilibrium.

Another good resource is the Khan Academy thermodynamics course, which offers video lectures and practice problems to help you better understand the concepts. Additionally, MIT OpenCourseWare has a collection of thermodynamics lecture notes and assignments from their physical chemistry course.

I hope these resources will be helpful for your studies. It's always a good idea to also check with your professor or classmates for any recommended textbooks or study materials specific to your course. Best of luck in your studies!

Related to Looking for online Thermodynamics book or extended review

1) What are the best websites to find online Thermodynamics books or extended reviews?

Some of the most popular and reputable websites to find online Thermodynamics books or extended reviews include:

• Amazon
  • Google Books
  • Springer
  • Coursera
  • OpenStax

2) Are there any free online resources for learning Thermodynamics?

Yes, there are several free online resources available for learning Thermodynamics. Some examples include:

• MIT OpenCourseWare
  • Khan Academy
  • Coursera (some courses offer free auditing)
  • YouTube channels such as Crash Course and The Organic Chemistry Tutor

3) How can I choose the best online Thermodynamics book or extended review for my needs?

When choosing an online Thermodynamics book or extended review, consider the following factors:

• The author's credentials and expertise in the subject
  • The publication date and relevance to current theories and research
  • The level of difficulty and if it aligns with your understanding of the subject
  • The reviews and ratings from other readers or students
  • The format (e-book, PDF, online course, etc.) and accessibility

4) Are there any interactive online resources for learning Thermodynamics?

Yes, there are several interactive online resources available for learning Thermodynamics. Some examples include:

• Simulations and virtual labs on websites like PhET and ChemCollective
  • Online problem-solving tools like Wolfram Alpha and Chegg Study
  • Online quizzes and practice exercises on websites like Quizlet and StudyStack
  • Interactive videos and animations on websites like Brightstorm and ChemMatters

5) Can I access online Thermodynamics books or extended reviews for free through my university or library?

Many universities and libraries offer access to online resources, including Thermodynamics books and extended reviews, for their students and members. Check with your university or library's website or ask a librarian for more information on how to access these resources for free.